Continental Corporation Area Supervisor in Sumter, South Carolina
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Tire Division currently has 24 production and development locations worldwide. While the Continental premium tire brand is clearly focused on leading safety performance, the broad brand portfolio and product range offer solutions for most of the market segments. Continuous investments in R&D make a major contribution to cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility.
Auto req ID 50316BR
Job Title Area Supervisor
Country United States
Posting Location Sumter, SC
• Support your team with any resources they need for success – tools, manpower and materials
• Enforce internal rules as outlined in the Standard of Conduct and non-negotiables
• Fill out incident reports immediately and prior to leaving the shift
• Place all orders in CEOS (supplies, tools etc.)
• Conduct all inventory counts
• Maintain your area is in order. Material flow is happening. FIFO is followed
• Enter maintenance work orders in SAP
• Keep product moving in the plant
• Maintain safety and housekeeping
• Ensure all hourly employees are qualified to perform duties in a timely manner
• Maintain efficiency levels to assure availability of components to meet required schedules
• Assist in identifying potential machine or quality problems within department of responsibility
• Participate and prepare for all internal and external QA / Customer audits, close all findings in a timely manner
• Management of confidential information
• Follow all processes for containment and repair of material
• Change over check list completion
• Timely response and effective resolution for departmental misproductions
• Ensure that all sequenced production orders for the shift are executed and completed and communicate the “whys” if not met, reason code must be entered in SFI every day
• Insures departmental technical compliance to all mandatory requirements including Safety, Environmental, ISO, Quality, Plant policy, Corporate policy, etc.
• Assist with the development of instructional programs, process control plans and PFEMA of equipment. Identify/ incorporate best practices and lessons learned into program plans
• Train/present course material. Insures maintenance of instructional programs, departmental work instructions, quality records, training records
• Coordinate, participate and track departmental improvement initiatives including Kaizen, TQM, TPM, 5S and Six Sigma initiatives
• Work with process engineers on improvement projects
• Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned. Maintain all departmental records, including overtime and vacation scheduling.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager
• High School Diploma/GED
• 3+ years manufacturing supervisory experience or relevant military supervisory experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Communication skills
• Bachelors degree
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to NAFTArecruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.