Nuance IT Executive Services Support Engineer in Sunnyvale, California
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Summary: Daily and ongoing IT support for top level executive staff. Assist in planning and preparation of internal event support, customer related events on site and conference room readiness. Maintain executive technology spares inventory, optimize system performance, resolve technical problems, review root cause analysis and recommend changes to maximize systems uptime and minimize disruptions.
• Work directly with leadership team providing effective hands on support and minimizing disruption
• Maintain C-Level Executives computers, printers, telephones, mobile phones and peripherals
• Follow rigorous processes for executive support ensuring all services are online and monitored 24/7
• Provide on-going operational support including operating systems releases, upgrades, service pack installations, bug fixes, security updates, and any system change activities
• Executive meeting support including planning, meeting preparation, call initiation, support and immediate availability for issues on video conferencing systems
• Perform conference room technology readiness including daily testing of video conferencing equipment to ensure availability when needed for use
• Technology readiness of laptops, mobile devices, audio video hardware, conference rooms and executive environments
• Evaluate and recommend new technologies for executive staff
• Planning and project roll out of new software and technology to executive staff
• Availability in person for immediate response to requests from executive staff
• Remote support and phone support for executive staff members when necessary
• Home office support of systems and infrastructure required including networking, printing, laptop docking stations and peripherals
• Coordinate system setup and orientation for new executives and relocations
• Troubleshooting of executive file and print server infrastructure and services
• Expertise in email infrastructure and mail flow in O365 cloud based environment
• Strong technical background on networking, routers, switches, LAN/WAN infrastructure and related connectivity areas required
• Create, maintain and update documentation for the purposes of tracking executive hardware and processes
Number of Years of Work Experience: 8+ years previous executive support experience, 7+ years proven IT customer service skills roll
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter and highly motivated individual with the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, prioritization and effectively meet deadlines while working on multiple assignments simultaneously
• Prior experience setting up and maintaining Executive home offices; including previous experience with cable modems, wireless routers and peer to peer networks
• Strong video conferencing expertise using integrated multimedia equipment
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft and Apple operating systems and related hardware
• In depth knowledge of software applications such as MS Office suite, Office 365, Skype for Business, remote control applications, Symantec ITMS, Ghost and imaging practices
• In depth knowledge of collaboration tools such as Skype for Business, Cisco video conferencing, WebEx, AT&T audio conferencing
• Punctual, professional self-managing individual with emphasis on customer satisfaction
• Proactive technology planner with emphasis on design, implementation and maintenance practices for computing environments in a manner that addresses problems before they can happen
• Knowledge of ITIL and CMM-driven best practices for IT processes.
• May be required to work nights weekends and be on call 24 hours a day
• Valid passport and ability to travel on occasional basis
• Preferred candidates will have Microsoft certifications (MCSA, MCSE)
• Preferred candidates will have basic industry certifications, COMP TIA or A+
• Programming and scripting skills is an asset
Education: Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent of seven years of related experience
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf . If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
External Company URL: www.nuance.com