JPMorgan Chase CIB - Fund Accounting Specialist - A&NZ Trades, Team Leader - Manila in Taguig City, Philippines
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank *
J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
JP MorganFund Accountant - Team member provides a range of services to institutional asset managers based around the Asian region. Reporting to the Fund Accounting Manager and is responsible for the day-to-day production, validation & delivery of Net Asset Value (NAV) calculations for a group of funds (mutual, insurance, pension, hedge fund etc.). A broad knowledge of fund accounting is required as the PA takes ownership for the accuracy of all accounting and investment components of the Daily NAV reports.
a. The primary responsibility of a Fund Accountant is to ensure accuracy of NAV on a daily basis by performing the following daily tasks :
· Ensure all sign-offs needed to kick off the NAV validation process has been completed by all relevant upstream teams (e.g. position reconciliation, asset pricing, security trading, income & expense processing etc.);
· Liaise with all relevant upstream teams in cases of delays and other instructions that need to be completed prior to starting the NAV validation process;
Investigate alerts generated by the system and provide necessary commentaries for any where accounting or securities transactions are seen to breach the validation tolerances of the JP Morgan system;
· Escalate to management, in the event that there are delays or issues that will impact completion of NAV validation process;
· Responsible in ensuring all relevant breaks have been properly reconciled and investigated prior to releasing the valuation.
· Plan and manage time in order to meet strict deadlines and objectives;
· Introduce process efficiencies which may lead to soft/hard saves for the team.
· Complete the NAV validation process in accordance with the controls checklist to comply with GS007 standards and by ensuring that adequate documentation is on file to fully explain and support all items, particularly those, which are deemed unusual;
· Demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge of various investment instruments and markets (stock exchanges) and their effect on the portfolio's valuation and analyze fund performance to ensure final valuations are accurate;
· Support in addressing of all ad hoc enquires from reviewers. This includes both internal and external queries (although emphasis is inter-department communication).
· Support the team leaders in the objective to provide top quality operations in support of this global business.
b. Liaise with contacts in Sydney (Donor site) to answer any queries or concerns they have regarding the NAV pack completed and submitted.
c. Attend all mandatory and product related trainings and to pass all assessments that may be given after each training.
d. Attend to all required team meetings and function.
e. Complete all assigned administrative daily, weekly, monthly tasks as instructed by PMs/TLs.
f. Comply with audit requirements as deemed necessary.
g. Seek feedback on performance and initiate discussions with PM/TLs on a regular basis.
• Graduate with at least 1 year related work experience
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
• Client focused
• Uses initiative & readily questions
• Strong analytical skills
• Control orientated
• Proficiency with computers
• Exhibits a 'can do' attitude
• Good written & spoken English communication skills
Job: *Securities Operations
Organization: *CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANK
Title: CIB - Fund Accounting Specialist - A&NZ Trades, Team Leader - Manila
Location: PH-00-Taguig City-Net Plaza / 31150
Requisition ID: 160107765