HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Manager - Critical Care CSICU in Tallahassee, Florida
/ Capital Regional Medical Center (CRMC) is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians. A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a // Pediatric ER // , // Senior Care ER // and an // Express Care ER // . We also offer a // Bariatric Center // , // Behavioral Health Center // , // Cancer Center // , Chest Pain Center w/PCI, // Comprehensive Breast Center // , // Family Center // , // Heart & Vascular Center // , // Orthopedic Center // , // Physical Therapy Services // , // Senior First // , // Sleep Center // , Stroke Center, // Surgical Services // , // Wound Healing Center // , // Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices // , and more. /
Nurse Manager - Critical Care CSICU
POSITION SUMMARY: Capital Regional Medical Center is seeking a dynamic leader to join their team as the Manager over the Critical Care CSICU Unit. The Manager of the Critical Care CSICU Unit Unit will have the responsibility to administer, analyze and appraise the care given to patients within the Department. Advise the Director regarding the status of patient care, quality improvement processes and patient-physician-employee satisfaction. To anticipate and estimate future needs of the Department to improve quality of patient care. Collaborate and coordinate with the staff efforts to accomplish the CRMC mission.
- Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff.
- Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care that results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
Master’s Degree preferred
State of Florida RN License required
- BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
Acute care experience required
Management experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external customers needs
Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
/ To learn more about the facility, please visit // http://capitalregionalmedicalcenter.com/ /
Title: Nurse Manager - Critical Care CSICU
Location: Florida-Tallahassee-Capital Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00355-7611