HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Phlebotomy Supervisor, Full-time Vairable Shifts in Tallahassee, Florida
Capital Regional is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Pre-Analytical Supervisor will oversee phlebotomy and processing staff and general operations of the department. The Pre-Analytical Supervisor also functions as a phlebotomist and performs venipuncture procedures to obtain blood helps process specimens as needed to maintain patient care initiatives.
* Maintains confidentiality of all Protected Health Information.
* Follows established policies and procedures and fulfills regulatory requirements at all times.
* Demonstrated experience in phlebotomy.
* Demonstrated experience in processing lab samples
* Maintains competency in the department functions for which initial hiring occurred (i.e. CLA or phlebotomy).
* Supervisor will work in the area for which they are qualified on a regular rotation if needed.
* Demonstrates leadership and sets example as related to Ethics and Compliance and to Code of conduct, living and reinforcing the hospital’s policies, standards and values, setting an example in all respects.
* Demonstrates personal integrity and honesty.
* Communicates clearly the expectations of the staff positions, making all staff accountable to those expectations.
* Maintains a positive and supportive attitude, encouraging others to do the same.
* Ensures that those on the phlebotomy and processing team have sufficient information to comply with all laws, regulations and policies, providing the tools necessary to resolve ethical dilemmas.
* Participates in the selection and hiring of all phlebotomy/processing staff.
* Schedules and assigns mentors for training new staff and students.
* Evaluates and gives encouraging feedback in the learning process.
* Oversees orientation and training of employees.
* Conducts competency training and assessment.
* In conjunction with the Laboratory Director, performs annual performance appraisals for phlebotomy and processing staff
* Holds all personnel accountable for actions not in accordance with policy.
* Documents any disciplinary actions regarding staff and provides coaching and opportunity for improvement.
* Writes, reviews, and edits policy for the phlebotomy and processing area to maintain consistency with facility goals and regulatory compliance.
* The phlebotomy and processing supervisor will maintain a full functional understanding of all the tasks associated with the operations of the department and is therefore the authority and resource for all job functions. * Works closely with the team members outside of the lab department to provide staffing for Health Fairs and public service events. * Proactively assists with patient problems regarding customer service issues, procedures and laboratory outcomes. * Interacts with other departments and multidisciplinary teams to enhance the client experience. * Sets goals and tracks progress for improvement of patient satisfaction specific to the Outpatient Test and Treatment area. * Works with the lab leadership team to enhance the employee engagement in the laboratory. * Establishes and builds relationships with outside clinics and physicians to support physician engagement.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: * High school diploma or equivalentrequired. * Successful completion of accredited (AAB, ASCP) Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) training program or Medical Technologist (MT) programrequired. * *LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: * Phlebotomy Certificationrequired * State of Florida Supervisors license preferred but not required * *EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: * Two (2) to Five (5) years’ experience as phlebotomy or lab supervisor preferred. * Hospital Laboratory experience preferred. An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Title: Phlebotomy Supervisor, Full-time Vairable Shifts
Location: Florida-Tallahassee-Capital Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00355-7595