HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse RN PACU Full Time in Tallahassee, Florida
[Capital Regional Medical Center]
Capital Regionalis a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
The PACU RN provides nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include: * Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural period.
Provides comfort and support for post-operative patients.
Evaluates responses to treatments and interventions.
Carries out physician orders.
Anticipates case specific needs based on knowledge of procedure and pathophysiology regarding patient and procedure.
Manages patient's pain.
Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
Maintains aseptic technique and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
Orients and mentors new staff members.
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.
- Must have prior hospital recovery experience.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Title: Registered Nurse RN PACU Full Time
Location: Florida-Tallahassee-Capital Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00355-7042