HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Telemetry Full Time Days in Tamarac, Florida
Registered Nurse – Telemetry Full-time University Hospital & Medical Center Tamarac, FL
Facility Description: At University Hospital and Medical Center, it's all about community. For almost 35 years we've transformed right alongside the South Florida community we serve. Today, we're a 317-bed facility that is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Our team includes nearly 1,000 healthcare professionals and 550 physicians. We invite you to make our team even stronger.
University Hospital & Medical Center has been honored by being nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including: awarded the Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission, designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, awarded the Disease Specific Care Certification for Orthopedic Joint Replacement and received the Five Star Excellence Award in Emergency Services.
/University Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for five consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!/
/Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance./ /Sign-on Bonus $2500 with 2 year commitment of full-time employment. (Not applicable to current HCA Employees)/
Job Description: The Tele RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Qualifications: * Current licensure as an RN * Current certification as a BLS issued by the American Heart Association; ACLS required * 1-3 years of experience preferred * Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing * Customer service abilities including effective listening skills * Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment * Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
/ / /Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Nurse, Nursing, Tele, Telemetry, PCU, Progressive Care Unit/
Title: Registered Nurse Telemetry Full Time Days
Location: Florida-Tamarac-University Hospital - Broward County
Requisition ID: 01645-4395