HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Lead Care Coordinator- Case Management FT in Tamarac, Florida
RN Care Coordinator Lead University Hospital & Medical Center Tamarac, FL
Facility Description: At University Hospital and Medical Center, it's all about community. For almost 35 years we've transformed right alongside the South Florida community we serve. Today, we're a 317-bed facility that is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Our team includes nearly 1,000 healthcare professionals and 550 physicians. We invite you to make our team even stronger.
University Hospital & Medical Center has been honored by being nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including: awarded the Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission, designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, awarded the Disease Specific Care Certification for Orthopedic Joint Replacement and received the Five Star Excellence Award in Emergency Services.
/University Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!/
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in the performance of assessment, reassessment, development and implementation of the patient's Plan of Care, in relation to discharge needs and follow-up care, and in accordance with the Utilization Management Plan.
- Understands the process for resolution of ethical issues and how to initiate an ethics consult and implements as needed.
- Serves as an advocate for patient/family/SO regarding decisions affecting the Plan of Care.
- Encourages patient/family/SO's participation from admission through the continuum of care.
- Assists physicians appropriately in the decision to place patient inobservation status.
- Interprets data to determine that admission and discharge criteria are met.
- RN to track/trend variances to care and make recommendation to develop action plan to improve process.
- Refers to Physician Advisor appropriately.
- RN to assume leadership role and conduct IDT meetings and implement clinical protocols
- Functions as preceptor or teaches formal classes as requested.
Demonstrates current knowledge of federal, state and other regulatory agencies' requirements.
Active Florida RN license required
- 1-3 years of RN experience preferred
- 6 months of RN Case Management experience preferred
- BLS preferred
Title: RN Lead Care Coordinator- Case Management FT
Location: Florida-Tamarac-University Hospital - Broward County
Requisition ID: 01645-4184