Citi Lead Java Application Developer w/ MicroStrategy in Tampa, Florida
Primary Location: United States,Florida,Tampa
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 16042420
Primary areas of responsibilities include delivery of small/large scale technology projects with multiple work streams, update senior management and business, detect risks and issues and escalate ahead of time, sticking to budget and timelines, manage teams globally located, follow strict SDLC process, should handle agile & waterfall projects/programs. The Project Manager/ Java Developer Technical Lead will work closely with many groups (business, technology, operations) to define business objectives and fulfill the technology requirements with innovative applications. This is a highly dynamic and fast-paced working environment supporting production tickets as a development lead manage HW asks, forecast and monitor performance of applications.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
• Minimum 10+ years of as a Java Application Developer experience preferably within a technology organization, development background preferred
• 5 years of experience as a hands on Lead Java Developer Application Lead
• 10 Years Java Application Development, EXT/JS
• 5 years relational database Oracle or Sybase IQ
• 5 years backend development tools
• The right candidate will have 3 years of Business Intelligence–ideally with MicroStrategy EML
• 5 years of XML, Web Services
• Proven experience with performance managing large and/or numerous technology projects
• Financial or Risk Management background a plus
• Fundamental understanding of large scale financial systems and technologies
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
This position is local to Tampa, FL. Relocation is not budgeted for this position. Candidates from outside of the area must be able to relocate themselves. Relocation assistance will not be provided.