Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Physician (Neurology) in Temple, Texas
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Temple, TX
Work Schedule is Full Time - Excepted Service Permanent
Opened Thursday 9/29/2016 (28 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 10/27/2016 (0 day(s) away)
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1803189
A recruitment/relocation incentive may be authorized for highly qualified candidates.
This position is announced until filled. After Bargaining Unit requirements are met, candidates may be referred upon application or as requested.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Central Texas Veterans Health Care System (CTVHCS) is one of the largest integrated health care systems in the Department of Veterans Affairs and includes facilities in Temple, Waco, and Austin, TX. Community-Based Outpatient Clinics are located in Brownwood, Cedar Park, Palestine, and Bryan-College Station. NO STATE TAXES!!!
This is a bargaining unit position.
This position is located in Temple, Texas.
Central Texas Veterans Health Care System (CTVHCS), Temple, Texas is currently recruiting for a full-time board certified/board eligible neurologist. Direct patient care in outpatient specialty clinics, inpatient care, and shared on-call coverage is expected. Call coverage is one week out of every four weeks. Electodiagnostic expertise required in performing EMG/NCV's/Botox and EEG interpretation as needed.
IF PATIENT NEEDS ARISE, THE INCUMBENT OF THE ABOVE POSITION MAY BE REASSIGNED WITHIN THE CENTRAL TEXAS VETERANS HEALTH CARE SYSTEM.
- Occasional Travel
- site visits and conferences
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in allopathic medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from an institution whose accreditation was in place for the year in which the course of study was completed. Approved schools are: (1) Schools of medicine accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) for the year in which the degree was granted, or (2) Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) of the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted. (3) For foreign medical graduates not covered in (1) or (2) above, facility officials must verify with the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) that the applicant has met requirements for certification, and must obtain a copy of the ECFMG certificate, if claimed by the applicant.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification. (NOTE: VA Physicians involved in academic training programs may be required to be board certified for faculty status.)
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Preferred Experience: The following qualifications are preferred because CTVHCS is affiliated with Texas A&M; University Health Science Center and has an active teaching program:
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Neurology
- Board Certification in Electrophysiology
- Teaching experience
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Note*:* Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Physical Requirements: Must pass a pre-employment physical examination as required by VA Handbook 5019. This examination is administered by VA Occupational Health. This position requires: light to moderate lifting (15 - 44 lbs); light carrying (15 lbs and under); reaching above shoulder; use of fingers; both hands required; walking (up to 2 hours); standing (up to 2 hours); kneeling (up to 1 hour); ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; near vision correctable at 13" to 16"; far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; depth perception; ability to distinguish basic colors; ability to distinguish shades of colors; hearing (aid permitted); emotional stability; mental stability; working closely with others; and working alone.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. During our review, if your résumé and application package do not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email (if provided); otherwise, applicants will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your status, click on "more information." Information regarding applicant notification points can be found in the USAJobs Resource Center.
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. The VHA physician brochure provides an overview of the benefits associated with a VA practice.
Annual leave shall accrue for full-time physicians at the rate of 26 days per leave year (1 day per pay period).
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Salary Range: $200,000.00 to $240,000.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: VM-0602-00/00
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Current, permanent CTVHCS employees; Current, permanent VA employees; Current, permanent Federal employees; U.S. Citizens (Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens)
Control Number: 452026600
Job Announcement Number: AG3816688-JAd-1803189-BU