Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Student Nurse Technician (SNT) in Temple, Texas
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Many vacancies in the following location:
- Temple, TX
Work Schedule is Intermittent - Intermittent
Opened Monday 10/3/2016 (20 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/28/2016 (5 day(s) away)
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1806606
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
All applicants are requiredto submit the following supporting documents:
1. *VA Form 10-2850c, (this form will be submitted under "Other" in supporting document type), Application for Associated Health Occupation is available at the following website: *VA Form 10-2850c, Application for Associated Health Occupation
*If you fail to submit the required documents, you will be considered ineligible. *
Central Texas Veterans Health Care System (CTVHCS) is one of the largest integrated health care systems in the Department of Veterans Affairs and includes facilities in Temple, Waco, and Austin, TX. Community-Based Outpatient Clinics are located in Brownwood, Cedar Park, Palestine, and Bryan-College Station. NO STATE TAXES!!!
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
This is the full performance level for the Student Nurse Technician (SNT). At this level, SNTs function as a member of the nursing care team and assist licensed nursing staff. As a member of the nursing care team, you will be caring for acute, and chronically ill Veterans. The SNT level of practice is equivalent to a Nursing Assistant (GS5).
Work Schedule: Intermittent work.
Functional Statement Title/#: Student Nurse Technician/Functional Statement.
- Not Required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- English proficiency.
- Be currently enrolled in an ACEN or CCNE accredited Nursing program with a cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0.
- Have completed the first semester in an accredited nursing program prior to start date.
- Provide documentation of current immunization status and CPR Basic Life Support at the Healthcare Provider Level. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Education/Experience Requirements:Must be currently enrolled in an ACEN or CCNE accredited Nursing program, have completed the first semester within Nursing and have Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale, with no grade lower than a B in any nursing course.
Physical Requirements:This position requires visual acuity, keen hearing, clear distinctive speech, and manual dexterity. This position requires potentially long periods of continued walking, standing, stooping, sitting, bending, pulling, and pushing. Transferring patients and objects may be required. The incumbent may be exposed to infected patients and contaminated materials and may be required to don protective clothing in isolation situations or operative/invasive procedures. The incumbent may occasionally be exposed to patients who are combative secondary to delirium, dementia, or psychiatric disorders. The incumbent must be a mature, flexible, sensible individual capable of working effectively in stressful situations, able to shift priorities based on patient needs.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. During our review, if your résumé and application package do not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email (if provided); otherwise, applicants will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking on Application Status. For a more detailed update of your status, click on more information. Information regarding applicant notification points can be found in the USAJobs Resource Center.
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
Salary Range: $15.48 to $15.48 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: AD-0699-00/00
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 451094200
Job Announcement Number: AG-TA-38-16-007-1806606