HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Paramedic - Emergency Department - Mainland Medical Center in Texas City, Texas
This Job Description provides criteria for evaluation of the Paramedic working in a staff position. The paramedic may provide care for infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients.
E 1. Performs patient care functions in compliance with hospital policies and procedures:
1. Assists patients with activities of daily living.
2. Assists with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
3. Assists in admitting, transferring and discharging of patients.
4. Assists with management of supplies and equipment.
E 2. Keeps licensed nurse informed of patient activities/changes in condition. E 3. Routinely performs venipunctures for laboratory specimens. E 4. Responds in a customer friendly atmosphere. E 5. Answers call lights and refers to licensed nurse as needed. E 6. Responsible for physical appearance of the nursing unit. E 7. Transports patients, including those requiring cardiac monitoring. E 8. Perform and interprets ECG rhythm strips. E 9. Performs 12-lead ECG’s. E 10. Performs Point of Care (POC) testing in accordance with written policies and procedures E 11. Obtains IV access per protocols as needed. E 12. Attends stable patients requiring cardiac monitoring during off unit testing, (i.e. CT scan, MRI etc.).
INTERACTION WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS
Works closely with professional and non-professional employees of the hospital, and with physicians, patients, and their families.
_Experience:_ 1. Previous EMT-Paramedic, EMT- Intermediate or Military Medic equivalent,or 2. Employed as Nurse Technician at CLRMC Emergency Department or inpatient Critical Care area for a minimum of 1 year and meets “Special Requirements”.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Educational requirements appropriate for meeting age-specific needs of patients assigned:
Adults: 1. Active, self-care 2. Assisted living needs 3. Total dependency needs
Geriatrics: 1. Assisted living needs 2. Total dependency needs
Pediatrics 1. Assisted living needs 2. Total dependency needs
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Obtains ACLS or Code Blue certification
- Completes IV learning module with 80% or better or remediation.
- Obtains Basic ECG certification or successfully completes ECG challenge test.
- Must be detail oriented and able to operate mechanical, electrical and computer-controlled instrumentation.
Title: Paramedic - Emergency Department - Mainland Medical Center
Location: Texas-Texas City-Mainland Medical Center - Texas City
Requisition ID: 06218-69988