FleetPride Brake Shop Associate in Toledo, Ohio
Remanufacture brake shoes received through our exchange program. Strip, clean, paint and reline shoe cores according to company standards.
- Check-in core parts.
- Remove old lining from brake shoes using delining equipment and zip guns.
- Clean, sandblast and paint shoes in preparation for riveting operation.
- Rivet shoes with proper lining and rivets and perform quality checks to ensure that customer standards are met.
- Operate washers and other cleaning equipment as well as boxing station.
- Perform visual and mechanical inspections to ensure that high quality brake shoes are produced and shipped to customers.
- Train new employees on the proper use and maintenance of equipment and facilities utilized in the performance of their job as appointed by the Brake Shop Manager. Follow-up to ensure results are achieved.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs.
Environmental / Atmospheric Conditions
Inside/Outside Conditions, Varied Temperature Changes, Minimal Chemical Hazards, Vibration, Dust, Vehicle Noise, Fumes
OSHA approved steel-toed safety shoes required from the first day of this job. Protective eyewear required from the first day of this job.
*- *High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
*- *Minimum of 1 year of general warehouse experience.
Requisition Number:: 16-1084
Post Date:: 10/6/2016
Title:: Brake Shop Associate
Job Type:: Full Time