Mercy Health Coding Specialist in Toledo, Ohio
Job ID: 4638665
Updated: September 2, 2016
Geographic Location: Toledo
Location: Toledo, OH, United States
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40
This position is responsible for properly coding physician encounters; must be able to code from operative reports; assist research of coding denials.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
It is expected that all of the Principal Duties and Responsibilities identified below will be performed in a manner that reflects the values of the Catholic Healthcare Partners, which are: Excellence, Human Dignity, Justice, Compassion, Sacredness of Life and Service.
The Coding Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Coding claims directly from the operative report; specialty experience a plus.
- Researching and obtaining necessary information from provider/office.
- Assisting with research for denied claims.
Qualifications - Minimum
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- High School diploma or GED required, associate degree preferred.
- Current CPC required.
- Minimum of 3 years Coding experience in an orthopedic or pain management setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology; ICD-9, CPT and HCPCS; Epic system experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize needs in order to meet timelines.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
Shift and Job Schedule
Full-Time, 40 hours/week
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.