U.S. Army Joint Munitions Command Materials Handler (Forklift Operator) in Tooele Army Depot, Utah
U.S. Army Joint Munitions Command
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Tooele Army Depot, UT
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Monday 10/17/2016 (5 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/28/2016 (6 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This is an obligated position. When a position is obligated to an employee it means that he/she has entitlements to that position. In filling the obligated position, the selected employee is required to sign an agreement acknowledging that he/she is aware of the obligation and accepts the fact that he/she may be displaced under reduction in force procedures at a later time.
Tooele Army Depot is located approximately 45 miles West of Salt Lake City, Utah. The Depot is in Tooele County and surrounded by the communities of Tooele, Grantsville, Stockton, and Rush Valley. The area surrounding the depot is as an urban center for a highly varied and productive agriculture industry. The Depot is 42,974 acres and currently serves the missions of conventional ammunition storage, maintenance, demilitarization, and ammunition peculiar equipment. The Depot was constructed in 1942 in an area with a historical tradition of Indian cultures. Originally the Depot was known as the Tooele Ordnance Depot, which functioned as a storage depot for World War II supplies, ammunition, and combat vehicles. Currently, the Depot has a maintained the certification of ISO 9001:2000, incorporated the LEAN and Six Sigma structure, and are ready for new missions for not only the Army, But all services of Department of Defense, and partnerships with private industry.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Materials Handler (Fork Lift Operator) you will perform the following duties:
- Load and unload cargo, segregating items according to condition code, lot number, and quantity.
- Store, stack, and palletize items and determine proper storage location based on instructions.
- Check the condition of items before movement, including ammunition components, explosives, and missiles.
- Provide necessary information or changes to storage location data cards, plano-graphs, shipping documents, and ammunition transfer records.
- Operate an electric and/or gasoline-powered fork lift capable of lifting up to 10,000 pounds to move, load, or unload, transfer, transport, or stack ammunition and components.
- Assist others in physically handling individual items.
- Unpack and repack munitions as directed.
- Not Required
- This is an obligated position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Screen-Out Element: Under normal supervision, load, unload, and arrange cargo; or receive, store, or ship supplies; and read documents to verify description of items. Operate electric, gasoline, or diesel powered forklifts or manual or mechanized pallet jacks.
Failure to meet the screen-out element will result in an ineligible rating.
Application packages will be reviewed and screened for experience and/or training which provided the knowledge of:
- Work Practices (includes keeping things neat, clean, and in order)
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (other than blueprints)
- Knowledge of Materials
- Dexterity and Safety
Physical effort: Work involves lifting, moving, and carrying heavy items up to 45 pounds. Foot and hand pressure is exerted in steering and braking fork lifts.
Working Conditions: Work is performed both inside and outside unheated igloos, magazines, open revetments, and warehouses in all types of weather conditions. May work in close quarters in poorly lighted areas. There is danger from falling objects, shifting loads, and toppling stacks. Rough terrain exists in off-road areas.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Must be cleared in accordance with requirements of Physical Security of Arms, Ammunition, and Explosives (AA&E;).
- A personnel security investigation will be required.
- Position is subject to random drug testing requirements.
- Pre-appointment medical evaluation may be required.
- This position is subject to the Lautenberg Amendment/Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay.
- Further certification from this announcement may take place up to 90 days beyond the closing of this announcement.
Salary Range: $16.67 to $19.41 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: WG-6907-05/05
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 453428000
Job Announcement Number: WTFQ166929621825708D