Indian Health Service NURSE PRACTITIONER in Toppenish, Washington
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Toppenish, WA
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Friday 3/4/2016 (232 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 12/30/2016 (69 day(s) away)
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MP)procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-16-WR-1618818-ESEP/MP; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This is an *OPEN CONTINUOUS job announcement and applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.* **The first cut-off date for applications will be 12/30/2016 with subsequent cut-off dates every 15 work days thereafter. Please ensure your application is complete and all required documents are submitted before the cut-off dates to receive full consideration. The job announcement will close once the position is filled. Eligible applicants will receive notification that the position has been filled.
This is a permanent, full-time, Nurse Practitioner position with the Yakama Indian Health Service Unit located in Toppenish, Washington. As a Nurse Practitioner who works under Physicians with specialty in Family Practice, you will provide comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic medical care and services to patients and family members in clinics, homes, and schools on Indian Reservations or in other Indian Health Service facilities. This position reports to the Clinical Director.
GS-11, $69,081- $84,624
GS-12 $80,731- $99,361
Works collaboratively with physicians in patient evaluation, management, and revision of therapeutic plans including the duties listed below:
- Analyze and interpret patient histories, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.
- Order developmental and laboratory tests as necessary to assure an accurate diagnosis.
- Interpret test results discriminating between normal and abnormal findings.
- Prescribe drugs to treat specific illnesses.
- Instruct patient and families regarding the treatment plan and any follow-up required.
- Not Required
- Relocation Authorized Description: Relocation expenses can be authorized and will be paid. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selectee may be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- ESEP appointees may serve two year trial period.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
Nurse Practitioners must meet the following three basic requirements:
EDUCATION: Degree or diploma from a professional Nurse Practitioner educational program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant. A Masters in Nurse Practitioner is preferred.
LICENSURE: Applicants must have an active, current registration as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or equivalent from a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
CERTIFICATION: Current certification in a Nurse Practitioner specialty (Family Practice) from a U.S. nationally recognized credentialing body such as the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
In addition, to the Basic Requirements, you must also meet the Minimum Qualifications stated below.
In addition to the Basic Requirements listed above, all applicants must meet one of the education or experience requirements as listed below:
For GS-11: To qualify for the GS-11 level, you must show evidence on your resume of at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service performing professional advanced practice nursing work that equipped you with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the full performance level of the position to be filled.
For GS-12: To qualify for the GS-12 level, you must show evidence on your resume of at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service performing professional advanced practice nursing work that equipped me with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your resume must demonstrate at least 1 year of full-time specialized experience at or equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following types of tasks: serving as an independent practitioner providing comprehensive family-orientated specialty care for patients; securing health history from patients; conducting physical examinations; ordering developmental and laboratory tests as necessary to assure an accurate diagnosis; interpreting test results discriminating between normal and abnormal; prescribes drugs to treat specific illnesses; and instructing patients and family members of treatment plan and follow-up required.
COMBINING EDUCATION WITH EXPERIENCE: Equivalent combinations of successfully completed post high school education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements for this position.
EDUCATION in LIEU of EXPERIENCE:
For GS-11: You must have completed all requirements for a doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education. Graduate-level education must have been in nursing with a concentration in a field of nursing (e.g., teaching, a clinical specialty, research, administration, etc.) or in a closely related non-nursing field directly applicable to the requirements of the position to be filled;
For GS-12: You cannot substitute education for experience at this grade level.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Friday, December 30, 2016
Q - Sensitive
What To Expect Next
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJOBS account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJOBS that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJOBS Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the Human Resources (HR) office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned.
This position has promotion potential to the GS-12 level. Promotion to the next level is at management's discretion and is based on your demonstrated ability to perform the higher level duties, the continuing need for the higher level duties, administrative approval, and otherwise meet the qualifications and any selective placement factor. Promotion to the next level is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied. Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement. The position to be filled must have the same title, series and grade, geographic location and the same qualification requirements as the original vacancy announcement.
Recruitment or relocation incentives may be authorized. At least a one year service agreement will be required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Child Care Covered Position:: This position is a designated position covered by Public Law 101-630, requiring contact or control over Indian children. If you are selected, you are required to complete, sign and submit the Addendum to OF-306, Child Care; Indian Child Care Worker Position, form. Due to this requirement, the agency must ensure that persons hired for these position have not been found guilty of or pleaded nolo contendere to guilty to certain crimes.
- Licensure: Applicants must have an active, current registration as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or equivalent in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Certification: Applicants must have a current certification in a Nurse practitioner specialty (Family Practice) for a U.S. nationally recognized credentialing body such as the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Clinical Privileges: This position requires you obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal Service.
- Immunization: Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free.
Salary Range: $69,081.00 to $99,361.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0610-11/12
Promotion Potential: 12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: OPEN CONTINUOUS U.S. Citizens; Candidates eligible under Indian Preference appointing authority; Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment; Reinstatement eligible; Veterans Preference eligible including VEOA; CTAP eligible; ICATP eligible; PHS Commissioned Corps; and Schedule A
Control Number: 431705200
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-WR-1618822-DH