SAP Intern, Compliance Operations Job in Toronto, Canada
Requisition ID: 127836
Work Area: Finance
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Purpose & Objective of Position
The mission of the Legal Compliance & Integrity Office (LCIO) is to advance SAP’s business goals by promoting a culture of integrity, and by mitigating a defined set of legal risks. The LCIO is responsible for various SAP compliance initiatives, including oversight and support of the SAP Code of Business Conduct, employee compliance training and communications, and the global governance document framework. We also monitor and enforce general compliance to these programs and policies. We focus on FCPA, UK Bribery Act, and other global anti-corruption and bribery laws, anti-competition compliance (in tandem with field legal), intellectual property compliance and export controls regulations.
Expectations & Tasks
The role of the Compliance Operations Intern will be to support the Head of Operations for the Legal Compliance & Integrity Office (LCIO) in standardization and documentation of our team’s processes. This includes our team-specific and employee-wide knowledge management sources including the SAP intranet. The successful candidate will also be encouraged to support projects where we are automating LCIO relevant processes, with a focus on simplicity for our interaction with SAP employees.
Skills / Competencies
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Past experience working on websites is desirable
• Hands-on with extreme attention to detail and written documentation
• Experience documenting business processes and analyzing related gaps is desirable
• Ability to do in-depth research and to interpret written guidelines and documents
• Desire and ability to navigate complex issues
• Ability to work with international, virtual teams with sensitivity to cultural differences
• A student working towards a Business Degree is required (final years of a Bachelors’ degree at minimum)
• A student working towards a professional career as an accredited accountant, auditor, lawyer, fraud examiner or other compliance professional will be given preference
• Fluent business English skills (reading, writing and oral) are required
• Preference will be given to candidates with prior business work experience
• Project management experience or interest is desirable
• Can commit for a 6 months full time internship ASAP
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection