Ally Financial Lead Java Developer in Troy, Michigan
Oct 5, 2016
The Lead Java Developer is responsible for managing the development team in the execution of building web applications utilizing Java/J2EE and related technologies. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and leadership skills while leveraging development expertise to drive project completion.
- Manage a development staff to execute on project goals; provides work leadership to others
- Responsible for the technical development of Java/J2EE applications in an agile manner.
- Communicate effectively with internal customer, development teams, peers, and technology vendors.
- Maintain alignment to Enterprise Architecture by supporting strategic Enterprise technology initiatives
- Ability to grasp new technologies and be able to adapt to rapid shift in priorities
- Leverage industry (Java and J2EE) best practices to design, test, implement and support a distributed J2EE solution working with Oracle DBAs
- Analyzes changes/issues in a highly integrated environment, applies judgment/decisiveness, and drives to solutions
- Analyzes process flows and makes recommendations to optimize and streamline
- Uses technical knowledge, creativity and company practices to create solutions to complex problems
- Thorough understanding of web security concepts
- 4+ years managing development teams preferred
- 3+ years of hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC
- Experience with spring(Web) framework
- Experience with build tools like maven
- Experience with IDE like Eclipse
- Experience in Object modeling and design using UML 2.0
- Experience with BPM or workflow management tools
- Experience with reporting tools.
- Experience in developing Web services (REST, SOAP)
- Prior work experience in the financial industry preferred
- Data Mining, Data Analytical experience preferred
- Data Migration experience preferred
- Experience with WebLogic preferred
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally's Information Technology (IT) organization is focused on supporting and improving the position of its industry-leading business franchises through cost effective, innovative IT solutions as well as overseeing critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise. IT is also responsible for the administration and execution of information protection, disaster recovery and IT risk management.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6301
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Troy)