Convergys Temporary Part Time Team Leader in Tucson, Arizona
Temporary Part Time Team Leader
The Team Leader is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of a group of call center associates. This position ensures performance metrics are achieved by providing adequate coaching, motivation and accountability.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
• Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of a group of call center associates including work and attendance monitoring in accordance with organization policy and applicable legal requirements
• Effectively coach direct reports on their performance on a regular basis to ensure performance metrics are achieved
• Identify performance related issues, develop an action plan for improvement, implement corrective action, up to and including termination of employment
• Ensure service delivered to our customers meets contractual Key Performance Indicator (‘KPIs’) and financial expectations
• Communicate expectations to employees and provide timely updates
• Provide subject matter expertise in handling escalated customer calls as needed
• Conduct Team Meetings to ensure expedient communication of relevant information and as an open forum for input. Schedule and organize team activities
• Stay current on internal work processes, policies and procedures. Attend required manager development training
• Promote the Convergys values through both behavior and attitude, including being an advocate for team members
• Associate's degree in related field with two to four years of relevant experience preferred
• Highly motivated individual with skills to develop and coach team members to achieve performance expectations
• Work well under pressure and follow through on items to completion
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to lead team in multi-tasking, prioritization, and meeting timelines on deliverables
• Ability to mentor, coach and provide direction to a team of employees
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule
Career Level Description
Receives assignments in tasks oriented terms and supervises subordinates to set priorities and complete assignments. Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of business or technical support or production team members. In charge of handling single and medium-sized line of business. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from manager. Drives direct reports to achieve set metrics and business goals thru coaching, mentoring and providing regular feedback. Typically does not spend more than 20% of time performing the work supervised. Handles escalated issues. Supervises non-exempt employees who generally perform either a single task or multiple, but closely related tasks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.
USA, Tucson, AZ
Who We Are
At Convergys, our mission is to set the standard in our industry through unparalleled care for our clients, customers & people.
For our clients, this means our 125,000 team members wake up every day united by a common goal: helping our clients maintain exceptional relationships with their customers.
For our people, this means a commitment to each other to accomplish great things, build careers, and have some fun along the way!
Customer Service Careers
For anyone who dreams of a successful career, there’s a beginning - a point at which you choose a path to take. For many, and hopefully this includes you, Convergys is that beginning. We have the privilege of leading a team of talented and motivated professionals working in locations all over the world, united by a common goal: helping our clients maintain exceptional relationships with their customers. This focus on relationships isn’t simply a service we provide – it’s the foundation for how we work together, value our team members and invest in our communities.
What can you expect from a career at Convergys:
Knowledge and skill development
Multiple career path opportunities
A wide array of benefits and performance-based rewards
World-class facilities and work environment
At Convergys, you are at the driver's seat of your career development and will have many opportunities to grow personally and professionally. Classroom and computer-based training, talent development, and employee engagement programs will help you and your teams succeed and have fun!
Build Your Career With Convergys
When you become part of our team, you join 125,000 talented people around the world who represent some of today’s leading brands. At Convergys, one of our values is to "Grow As a Team." It's in our DNA to prioritize teamwork and develop our people. By working together, we achieve great things for clients and create opportunities to build rewarding careers. You can be part of that when you join our team. And it's all at your fingertips!
Watch the video below to hear from some of our employees around the world as they talk about what it means to be part of the Convergys team.
Convergys has careers available in 31 countries at 150+ locations.
Establish your career with a company that has locations across the world. You can grow personally and professionally - and make a difference for customers and for the communities where we live and work.
Convergys is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.