Washington State Revenue Auditor 3 in Tumwater, Washington
This opportunity is open to Department of Revenue employees only
The Department of Revenue's Special Programs Unit has an opportunity for a Revenue Auditor 3. You will serve as an expert level auditor in performing highly technical audits for diverse business accounts. Your main duties will include scheduling, identifying, collection, reviewing, and reporting accurate audit data.
Some more of what you will do:
- Effectively organize audit findings.
- Minimize need for appeals by thoroughly conducting taxpayer exit interviews.
- Act as a technical expert in the audit process to reduce difficulties.
- Provide taxpayer guidance for correct application and recommendation information regarding tax law and policy. Qualifications
We're looking for candidates who have the following:
Bachelor's degree with major study in accounting, or a Bachelor's degree in business administration or allied field which includes 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of college-level accounting.
Two (2) years of experience as a Revenue Auditor 2, or four (4) years of professional accounting, tax compliance or tax examination experience.
Professional auditing or accounting experience may substitute, year for year, for education, provided the candidate has completed at least 24 semester or 36 quarter hours in college level accounting.
- Theoretical principals of auditing and accounting.
- Rules, policies, and procedures of the Department of Revenue.
- Microsoft applications, Audit 2000, and other applications associated with auditing process.
To be considered:
- Complete your online application in detail as it will be used as your initial resume.
- Attach cover letter explaining your relevant qualifications.
- Attach college transcripts if you are not Revenue Auditor 2.
*To take advantage of Veteran's preference *please attach your DD-214, member 4 long form, or your NGB-22.
Email email@example.com or call (360) 704-5725.
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple similar vacancies for up to six months.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between the Department of Revenue and the Washington Public Employees Association (WPEA) which contains a "union security" provision. This means that, as a condition of employment, you must either join the union and pay union dues or pay the union a representational or other fee within 30 days of the date you are put into pay status.
The Department of Revenue is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and offer a respectful, inclusive culture for people with disabilities, as well as members of all protected groups and statuses. We encourage you to apply.
If you need help during the application process, please call the Human Resources Office at 360-704-5731. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Job Type: Agency Internal - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10558
Department: Dept. of Revenue
Closing: 10/23/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $4,208.00 - $5,522.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA