Ingersoll Rand TRANE - Chiller Mechanic (Non-Union) - Cleveland OH in VALLEY VIEW, Ohio
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Why Trane Is The Best Company for ChillerMechanics:
- Traneis recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building ControlsSystems
- Highlycompetitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cashcompensation, benefits, holiday and vacation
- Dedicatedto a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimitedopportunities for career development and promotions
- Determinedfocus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the companywhere everyone wants to work)
- WorldClass continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-widecommitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizationalencouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
- Latemodel, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed laptop, and smartphone
This highlyskilled role is the primary service and maintenance contact for IngersollRand/Trane customers in a defined market with a diverse commercial baseincluding Healthcare, Process Manufacturing Facilities, Education Institutions,and Office Complexes. You will becommissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, and starting up Chillers in acommercial environment. In order toperform your task you will utilize your knowledge of air conditioning theory,pipe fitting, and mechanical layouts with particular emphasis on yourexperience with chiller operations and overhaul procedures. This positionaffords you the opportunity to work with internal and external partners rangingfrom new facility set ups to existing facility retro fits. Ingersoll Rand/Traneaffords you the opportunity to work directly for a leading manufacture givingyou access to technical support, training on newest technology and comprehensivecareer paths with opportunity for growth. In this position you will establish &maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers througheffective oral and written communication skills via phone, computer, and faceto face. You will perform scheduled andunscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys, and servicerequests including replacement, and modifications of equipment or systems asneeded or requested by customers. Communicating with customers and/or Project Managers regardinginspection/service findings is required.
- Responsiblefor overhauling of equipment, end to end testing, downloading programming,starting up, commissioning, and servicing on
- Representsthe company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible forservicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customersatisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment andsystems at customer’s location.
- Coordinateswith team leader and customer to precisely understand requirements for allon-site installation and repairs by extensively examining building layouts,forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Usescutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools,following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repairunits.
- Continuallyenforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security andaccountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear andconditions.
- Displaysteam effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to workovertime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnightstays.
- AHigh School Diploma or equivalent (GED) and 5 years of experience in the HVACfield or the equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and aminimum of 3 years of experience in HVAC is required.
- Musthave experience on water-cooled chillers i.e. screws & centrifugals;troubleshooting, maintaining, upgrading/retrofitting per manufacturer recommendationsalong with experience doing major repairs, including Compressor rebuilds.
- ValidDriver’s License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI’s inprevious 5 years.
- EPACertification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installeretc.).
- Thisposition requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited tomechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposureto extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock(high voltage).
- Thisposition is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers,walking, stooping, and kneeling. Itrequires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently liftand or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 40lbs.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: VALLEY VIEW-Ohio
Other Locations: North America-United States-Ohio
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 12, 2017, 11:21:05 AM