SAP Intern, Compliance Application Developer Job in Vancouver, Canada
Requisition ID: 127269
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
This position is a combination of a software feature development and testing in SAP Global Technology Legal Compliance Team (GTLC). It is best suited for candidates with good understanding of software development lifecycle, familiarity with programming methodologies, working knowledge of web application development, relational database, and UI design.
The GTLC team ensures SAP technology and products comply with license and obligation requirements from intellectual property laws and regulations. The team implements and manages a set of applications to manage process automation and to provide services to development communities and stake holders in SAP.
The candidate has proven strong development skills in programming and is also a quick learner and highly motivated individual striving to deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment. He or she must demonstrate acute sense of critical thinking in problem solving and identifying areas for improvements. The successful candidate will have opportunities to participate in full development cycle which includes requirement collection and analysis, designing, implementing and testing solutions, etc. He or she may also provide technical support to the solutions. The candidate may also evaluate new tools to extend or enhance the existing systems. It is a rare opportunity to apply your solid programming skills in solving unique problems in legal compliance context.
Expectations & Tasks
• Maintain and improve the existing automation solution.
• Design and implement testing framework.
• Design, implement, and test new features.
• Assist in other duties from the team’s initiatives.
Skills / Competencies
• Excellent team player who can work independently with minimal supervision.
• Highly motivated with positive work attitude and strong passions to strive for high coding standard.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to details.
• Interest in understanding software licensing laws and open source licensing is a plus.
• Good understanding of Object-Orient programing model.
• Working knowledge in web application design, implementation, and testing.
• Familiar with web technologies and frameworks, web services technologies, Database design and implementation, test methodologies and test automation.
• Working knowledge in Linux/Unix environment.
• Good understanding of XML and CSS.
• Understanding of OData and Grails is a plus.
Educational Requirements (degrees, class completion, etc.)
Master degree students are preferred but undergraduate students will also be equally considered.
Enrolled in a program leading to a degree in one or a combination of the following subjects*:
• Computer Science
• Software Engineering
• Computer Engineering
• Information Systems
• Information Technology
• Engineering Sciences
• Actuarial Mathematics/Science
• Science/Applied Science program with relevant courses taken in Computer Science and/or Engineering
*Candidates in other subjects with relevant education and/or work experience may be considered.
Undergraduate Students: At least in the 3rd year of studies in the program leading to a degree. Program CGPA > 3.2.
**Looking for students who can start ASAP or January 2017 for an 8 months full time internship.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection