SAP Intern, Software Developer Job in Vancouver, Canada
Requisition ID: 127534
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Global Technology Legal Compliance team (GTLC) ensures SAP technology and products comply with license and obligation requirements from intellectual property laws and regulations perspectives. The team implements and manages a set of solutions to support process automations for legal compliance and service the development community and stakeholders in SAP.
The Intern – Software Developer will work within the development team of GTLC team. Prior legal compliance knowledge is not required for this position. As a member of the GTLC, you will work in a dynamic environment and maintain our automation solutions that have been serving as the critical corner stones to the SAP legal compliances solutions. The successful candidate will have the opportunities to work with other talented engineers to build solutions by leveraging the latest web development technologies.
The successful candidate for this position is a team player, possess excellent communication skills, and demonstrates a strong understanding of software development practices.
Expectations & Tasks
• Develop and maintain existing in-house automation landscape.
• Coordinate testing, integration and documentation of solutions.
• Provide operational support and new technologies investigations.
Skills / Competencies
• Knowledge of scripting language, i.e. Python, Bash and Perl.
• Working knowledge of Linux operating systems.
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, web development, web services and database design.
• Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and quickly understand the existing framework and business requirements.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks.
• Good interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of large platform & infrastructure software (e.g. Docker, Openstack, CloudFoundry, etc.) would be a definite asset.
• Knowledge of Grails is an asset.
Educational Requirements (Degree, Class completion, etc.)
• Candidates to currently be enrolled in a Bachelor's or Masters, degree program which is applicable to the position (computer science or equivalent proven experience).
• At least 1 previous Coop term experience in testing or development is required.
• Can commit for 8 months full time internship starting January 2017 or immediately.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection