Washington State DSHS Financial Services Specialist 4 in Vancouver, Washington
We value the importance of a system that works together! Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our Mission to Transform Lives! If you are dedicated to delivering an amazing customer experience this is an opportunity to advance your career!
Economic Services Administration has an opportunity for a Financial Services Specialist Lead to join their crew based in the Contact Center South West office in Vancouver, Washington. Our ideal applicant will have an excellent customer service track record and leadership abilities.
In this role you will operate as a lead worker in the Contact Center South West Team. You will coordinate and assign statewide work. You will act as job coach for new staff and will audit contact center staff on a daily basis.
Some of what you'll be doing
- Train new Financial Services Specialists within the Contact Center and keep abreast of training needs
- Determine and facilitate ongoing training needs based on information derived from audits of case actions
- Assign and monitor work flow of financial staff
- Review case for accuracy, detect error trends and identify training needs
- Assist in applying rules to case situations
- Work with the supervisor in assessing workload and prioritizing work; be aware of problems as they occur and discuss possible solutions
- Perform supervisory functions in supervisor's absence
- Assist staff to organize their work environment and prioritize work assignments to meet timelines
What we're looking for
- Knowledge of department rules and requirements governing the administration of long term care programs administered by Home and Community Services, public assistance laws, rules, regulations, service programs, and employment programs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to maintain quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Open and approachable management style
- Ability to inspire and lead others to achieve challenging results
Who should apply? Professionals with a 12 months of experience as a Financial Services Specialist 3
Please attach a Letter of Interest along with your application materials.
Questions? Please contact Trina DeBiase
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10337 XJ19
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/24/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,287.00 - $4,313.00 Monthly
Location: Clark County – Vancouver, WA