Citi Corporate Banking Vice President, Switzerland in Switzerland
Primary Location: Switzerland,Zurich
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Institutional Banking
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16065722
• To support the Senior Banker in business origination across Citi’s product set (and targeted client acquisition).
• Take responsibility as Relationship Manager for a number of client relationships, develop a deep understanding of those clients and build trusted advisor status.
• Find innovative solutions for clients need and thus originate business across Citi’s product set with these clients.
• Have responsibility for the delivery of Citi network to clients and coordinate within the internal teams of local and regional bankers, seniors and product partners.
• The Corporate and Investment Bank provides financial advisory services on a wide range of strategic transactions (including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers and re-structuring) and capital-raising projects and debt financing projects, for corporate clients, financial institutions and governments worldwide. Our bankers work closely with our other Product and business units to ensure client access to the full range of products and expertise within the organisation.
• Our bankers are the Relationship Manager Financiers who build and grow our long-term relationship with these clients. They orchestrate the delivery of Citi's vast global product platform and develop integrated financing strategies, by acting as a primary point of contact through which our clients utilize our extensive capabilities around the world. Through these efforts, our bankers address our client's most complex global banking needs.
• The position sits within the Corporate and Investment Banking team in Switzerland. The Banker will support the client business for Swiss domiciled clients across Industrials and Consumer portfolio. The role involves a significant amount of client contact both face-to-face and by phone.
• CIB Switzerland has a unique target market consisting of many market leading global multinationals who have similarly sophisticated and demanding banking needs. To compete in this market we must keep at the very forefront of Banking with a deep and thorough understanding of our clients, the market, geopolitics and Citi’s product range and show leadership in coordinating those resources to find innovative solutions to address our clients’ financial demands.
• Develop trusted advisor relationships with the clients’ head office teams as well as with key subsidiaries.
• Regular client engagement to deliver Citi’s full product set (flow and episodic) across the globe.
• Build and maintain on-going dialogue with product partners to deliver against the client agenda.
• Assist the senior banker in defining the network strategy against our clients and support its execution by interacting with Citi’s network around the globe.
• Develop client strategies and forward looking plans which clearly articulate a cohesive client strategy.
• Provide support in origination and execution of Corporate Finance Transactions.
• Grow revenue from the portfolio of assigned relationships – carefully balancing risk, assets and reward.
• Support the Senior Banker in Implementing calling plans to ensure business development is pursued across the client base.
• Work with Risk team to manage the individual client risk.
• Supervise the daily involvement and delivery of junior bankers, and participate actively in their development path and coaching.
• Analyse performance results – interpret and adapt strategy to optimize.
• Live Citi’s values.
• Exposure to Senior Management and senior Bankers.
• Opportunity to develop world class broad based banking and client relationship skills.
• Opportunity to work in a large and complex organisation with a demanding customer base and in a challenging and changing business environment.
• Understand the needs of a demanding client base and learn how to marshal Citi’s resources to address these.
• Exposure to an open and multicultural working environment.
• Prior experience in Corporate and Investment Banking would be preferable.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of a broad spectrum of products and how they meet client needs.
• Experience with clients, capital markets products, derivatives, credit, cash management, trade, finance and securities.
• Credit trained, used to taking a lead role in establishing the creditworthiness of counterparties.
• Experienced at client planning and coordinating input from multiple product areas.
• Strong knowledge of Accounting and Corporate Finance .
• Advanced Financial Modelling experience.
• Minimum 6 years’ experience.
• Banking background gained from a reputable firm where you will have gained first class training and development as a banker.
• Educated to degree level with a minimum grade of 2:1 (or equivalent experience).
• Degree in related discipline would be advantageous.
• Swiss or EU citizen or work visa holder is strongly preferred.
• Analytical - Assimilating new information quickly and relating it to the needs of the client base.
• Proactivity, identifying situations that could result in new business and developing recommendations tailored to the client.
• Organizational - Managing business across a large client portfolio with diverse client teams.
• Verbal and Written - Communicating the detail of complex client relationship to a broad range of internal contacts.
• Understanding of bank and client tolerances and negotiate to satisfy both.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to create and sustain good personal contacts within the client group, balancing client requirements and Citi’s priorities.
• Energetic and curious. A self - starter who is prepared to take the initiative and follow through, whilst exercising judgment as to when to seek assistance.
• Networking - maintaining close contact with product and risk specialists within Citi.
• Team Player - being able to work in partnership with other individuals on day-to-day and long term projects.
• Credit analytics and Financial Modelling experience.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Risk assessment and valuation.
• Leadership in team oriented environment.
• German language helpful but not a requirement.
You agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer