Citi KYC Manager in Mexico
Primary Location: Mexico
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Documentation and Information Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 16061715
ICG KYC CBSU is a front office support / control function for Mexico within ICG responsible for the approval process of the KYC Record within Citi’s KYC risk management program.
The unit is responsible for ensuring compliance with both local regulatory requirements and Citigroup standards for Anti-Money Laundering (AML). Job Background/context:
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the day to day operations of the department, ensuring that all operational activities performed to support the clients that are covered by BSU are done in a timely and effective manner to the required levels of efficiency and quality. The candidate will assist the Hub Manager in the leadership function within the department.
• People management, play a key and active role in the leadership team, providing support and guidance to the team members.
• Manage relationships with Relationship Management teams and Compliance supported by the department
• Work with Section Manager on goal setting, performance management planning/implementation and one to ones
• Management of weekly metrics for the various production teams, ensuring clear visibility of goals, daily, weekly and monthly monitoring and taking steps as necessary to increase productivity to agreed goals
• Identify better and more efficient ways to manage operations and workflow
• Assist with Process Design and management for department.
• Oversight for Adherence with Citi and regulatory policies and procedures as well as housekeeping standards, team controls & processes
• Management of ad-hoc departmental projects as assigned, Organize and lead projects. Responsible for day-to-day decision making and prioritization of activities related to projects. Measure/monitor the progress of deliverables. Provide project updates and seek advice and guidance from senior management on more complex issues.
• Maintain a workforce with capability to execute flawlessly
• Ongoing management reporting to senior management within BSU
• Reporting risk escalation to senior management
Great opportunity to gain experience in People Management; Risk Management and Process Management.
• 2-5 years’ experience in banking or finance
• 2-5 years people management experience
• Experience in control/risk or Compliance (AML/KYC) function (an advantage)
• Knowledge and experience of the technologies and processes used in Citi
• Knowledge of AML policies and regulatory requirements
• Considerable experience of dealing with senior management in a multi-function environment Skills:
• Strong Leadership and Motivational skills
• Innovation and change management
• Process re-engineering and improvement
• Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation
• English, including excellent oral and written communication skills
• Change management and implementation
• Excellent people management experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft Applications ( Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project )
• Project Management Skills
• MIS and metrics and efficiency analysis skills
• University degree in Law, Business/Finance, Math, Economics, engineering. Competencies:
• Ability to work well under pressure and tight time frames
• Accuracy and strong attention to detail
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Minimum supervision with self-directed, project management skills
• Strong organizational and planning
• Pro-active, flexible, have good organizational skills and must be team player.
• Good working knowledge of operational risk and risk mitigation techniques
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment.