Colony Brands Brand Director in United States
Colony Brands, Inc. is one of North America’s largest and most successful direct marketing catalog and e-Commerce companies. Our company has grown from a premier mail-order cheese company to include a diverse portfolio of affiliates, brands and products ranging from apparel to kitchen appliances, while maintaining our roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI. To support our growing non-food/hardgoods divisions, we are seeking an exempt-level Brand Director who enjoys bringing to work an entrepreneurial spirit to identify, develop and grow business opportunities.
What You’ll Do
Bring your business and design expertise in the home business to Through the Country Door. Responsible for supporting the Brand President in various marketing activities that will maximize profit and sales and drive our design authority.
- Responsible for supporting the business by developing, leading, managing, and participating in various marketing activities that will help Country Door meet its goals and reach its full potential. In coordination with Brand President, is responsible for P&L; of Country Door Catalog.
- Take projects from concept to full implementation, develop the process, partner with corporate departments to meet objectives, communicate and follow-up with all involved parties to ensure best results.
- Responsible for the analytical support that will lead to strategic recommendations for a wide range of projects or programs.
- Develops business plans, conducts research, completes financial analyses, and manages projects for brand-appropriate business initiatives and programs.
- Accountable for total brand experience customers get from the creative communications of the business. This includes all media print, internet, retail, home selling, TV, and all customer contacts or customer service communications in scripts, letters, and product packaging.
- Responsible for development and management of cross channel marketing campaigns
- Initiates efforts to expand the scope, update the definitions, and evolve the execution strategy or tactics of the experience/connection with the customers.
- Initiates and manages consumer, market, industry, and competitor research to identify business opportunities; keep pulse on existing customers and understand needs and expectations of prospective customers.
- Develops business plans, conduct research, and perform financial analyses to support ideas for marketing and business initiatives; presents to leadership teams.
- Partners with key cross-functional partners (merchandising, e-commerce, creative services, database analytics, finance, legal, customer service, IT, operations) to ensure messages/execution is on brand and delivers business objectives.
- Negotiates business terms, manages brand approval and intellectual property processes.
- Develops and implements program initiatives that serve to sell or connect the business with the customers, (loyalty program, research committees, PR programs, etc.), as they are available and as appropriate.
- In a collaborative practice, works with the Digital Team on site design conception, home page design and ongoing e-mail campaigns as needed to ensure brand integrity.
- Participates in high-level business discussions and decisions. Required to understand the scope of the business and adapt creative tools to solving general business problems.
- Work with any outside agencies: research, advertising, PR, promotion, etc. that might be used. Coordinate efforts with the agency and the company. Be point person for the company in drawings conclusions and action plans, and subsequent analysis of actions.
What It Takes
You must have experience in one of the following general merchandise (hardgoods, home products, gifts, toys) businesses: Direct Mail Order, Retail or Internet Sales. Our focus is not on those who have Consumer Packaged Goods background. We’re looking for someone with strong verbal and numerical reasoning skills with Brand/Marketing Management experience. Ideally you will have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related discipline. In addition, we are looking for:
- 8+ years’ of Strong Marketing, Financial and General Business knowledge.
- A strong aptitude to research and analyze business opportunities.
- The ability to work with a cross functional group of employees when implementing projects.
- An ability to think ahead and plan over a 1 to 5 year planning horizon.
- Understand the factors influencing strategy such as customers, competition and the organizations strengths and weakness.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities/tasks. Lead complex, multi-department projects to optimal completion.
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve positive results through others.
- Ability to function as a senior member of the management team. Ability to understand that the organization is built on a series of integrated business processes. Must understand how each process works and how they are interrelated to other processes.
What You’ll Get
You’ll have the opportunity to positively impact the customer experience and profitability of a stable, family-owned, customer-centric company in business since 1926. Colony Brands is not just about growing our profits – We are about giving our employees the opportunity for growth and providing a better place to live and work. We also offer our employees many great rewards in addition to monetary compensation:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- A robust Wellness Program including Onsite Healthcare
- Superb Retirement Plans (401K & a company-funded Pension Plan)
- Extensive Paid Time Off (PTO) benefits
- Seven 4-day work weeks in the summer months to give our employees additional time off
- Educational Assistance
- Company Profit-Sharing
- Company Product Discounts
- And, so MANY more!
*The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. *