Fairmont Butler Services Manager in United States
*Butler Services Manager *
The Butler Services Manager sees to all the personal needs of our hotel guests. From the time the guest arrives to The Plaza, to the time they depart, the Butlers will make sure that the guest needs and requests are fulfilled. The expectation is that the Butler will move beyond service to creating extra-special moments or memories for our guests. The Butler Services Manager reports to the Director of Guest Experience.
Hotel Overview:Be a part of the historic castle on the park, The Plaza, A Fairmont Managed hotel, a timeless landmark capturing memories since 1907. Located in the heart of midtown, The Plaza now features 282 luxury hotel rooms and suites, the elegant Champagne Bar and stylish Rose Club, as well as the legendary Palm Court, New York City’s premier destination for afternoon tea. The Plaza offers the Five Diamond standard of excellence and sophistication while offering an authentically local and unrivalled experience for our guest.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Guest Experience, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Arrange, record, deliver, and charge all special requests for arriving guests.
- Greet guest at specified room/s, touring guests through any elements that are new to them in their suite and present keys.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with the Plaza standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, outlined by Plaza grooming policy.
- Maintain a presence as requested at hotel / department meeting and committees.
- Comply, at all times, with the Plaza standards to encourage safe and efficient hotel operation.
- Be able to operate and help guests with In Room IT equipments such as, console, safe, DVD player, private bar, room key, and light fixtures in the guest room.
- Offer personalized services, including packing/unpacking and organization of guest belongings, cloth pressing, laundry management, shoe shining, and description of room amenities.
- Be able to perform a variety of guest requests and think creatively when called upon in order to establish a memorable experience for every guest.
- Create extra-special moments for guest at every opportunity, including recognizing and celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
- Manage the refreshment bars in all guestrooms. (ordering, inventory, storage)
- Conduct daily walk through’s of all butler pantries.
- Assist Housekeeping with the cleanliness and maintenance of corridors and guestrooms.
- Monitor guest activity while at the hotel, including being on call for any special requests of last minute needs.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of all menus, outlets, and on-site amenities and communicate these to the guests when asked, so they engage in those activities.
- Inspect all guest rooms prior to guest arrival, and during guests’ stay to ensure their excellence.
- See to any secretarial needs of guests, such as faxing, copying, printing, courier services, etc.
- Present folio to the guest upon departure. Research and have desk clarify any misunderstandings with regards to guest folio.
- Assist guests with luggage, transportation arrangements and bookings, and bid them farewell.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for the White board, Log Book, computerized Guest Profile upkeep, and Food Orders, etc.
- Maintain a well-stocked pantry so all items needed per Standard Operating Procedures are at hand in sufficient numbers
- Operate on the basis that service to and the pleasure of the guests is the highest priority.
- Demonstrate an ability to operate seamlessly with all departments and work well as a team member within the department.
- Inspect guest private bars and upkeep.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand guests’ service needs and continue to interact with aplomb, even with guests displaying high expectations.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Maintain database of guest preferences, habits, and special dates for your guest.
- Conduct oneself in a discreet manner when in guest areas.
- Be able to participate proficiently in functions outside ones department when called upon.
- Other duties as required
The candidate must possess strong interpersonal relationship skills and be able to maintain excellent professional presentation and grooming. He or she will have hands on service attitude and willingness to serve their guest. Teamwork mentality and ability to lead a department is desirable. A minimum of two years’ experience as a leader in Front Office or Guest Services is preferred. This is a department head position.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- must be able to lift up to 50lbs
Visa Requirements: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. **
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United States-New York-The Plaza, A Fairmont Managed Hotel
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 01.Nov.2016, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: PLZ00948