Colony Brands Copywriting Internship in United States
Colony Brands, Inc.is one of North America’s largest and most successful direct marketing catalog and e-commerce companies. We’ll celebrate 90 years of business this year, during this time our company has grown from a premier mail-order cheese company to include a diverse portfolio of affiliates, brands and products ranging from apparel to kitchen appliances, while maintaining our roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI.
The Copywriting Internship will begin in January and end in May 2017.
What You’ll Do & Learn
Your work will center on proofreading, editing and writing technical copy for all brands in our portfolio. In addition, you’ll be responsible for:
- Researching, developing, writing and proofing product copy for print, digital, mobile, web, homepages and advertising collateral pieces
- Performing fact-checking of copy, checking copy against technical specifications
- Ensuring proofing and routing deadlines are met on time
What it Takes
We need a creative writer and an innovative thinker with a marketing mind. Ideally, you will be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, Journalism or related field. In addition, our internship applicants must:
- Be at least Junior or Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
- Proven ability to write, proof or edit organized selling copy
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent detail management skills
- Proficiency in computer-based copy production (InDesign, Word, Web CMS). Experience with HTML helpful but not required.
Paid Opportunities—2016 interns averaged $3,500/month!
Employee Discounts—Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 25% to 40% off.
Four-Day Work Weeks—We all need a little down time and during the summer months, our interns enjoy a few four-day work weeks.
Health Club Membership—Take advantage of a FREE membership at the local YMCAs with full membership reimbursements.
Health Insurance—Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vison Insurance
Casual Dress Code—Colony Brands has a business casual environment. Jeans are allowed year-round.
Performance Updates—We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
Training—Colony Brands provides all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
R. Kubly Family Foundation—The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details.
Our interns produce high-quality content for websites, social media, e-newsletters, press releases, print and other media, while learning about the fascinating field of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
If you’re looking for a copywriting internship where creativity is truly valued, this is the right opportunity for you.