Opportunity Bank of Montana Customer Service Teller in United States
Position Summary:Customer Service Tellers (CST’s) are responsible for performing teller functions by processing teller transactions efficiently and accurately while providing the customer with an exceptional customer experience. A CST builds confidence, trust, and loyalty through courtesy and professionalism by addressing the customer by name and identifying the customer’s needs.
- To maintain confidentiality
- To provide excellent customer service
- To handle stress and meet deadlines/goals
- To work independently and as a team member
- To perform basic math functions
- In attention to detail and accuracy
- In computer use including Microsoft Office Suite
- In oral communication and interpersonal skills
- In judgment and decision-making
- In analytical and problem-solving skills
- In time management
stand for extended periods of time
use telephone frequently
- extensive use of computer screen
- normal or correctable to normal vision and hearing
- reach, stand and walk on frequent basis
- lift and carry up to 20 pounds on occasional basis
- kneel, crouch and climb on occasional basis
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
Exposed to potential hazard of robbery – position receives detailed instructions to minimize risk
Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent
Education and Experience Preferences
Eligible for overtime pay
Typical schedule may be varied and flexible Monday-Friday between 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. with flexible hours as needed during peak times, vacations, and sick leave. Some job positions regularly work Saturday shifts and supervisor will advise if applicable to this job position.
Employee may also be required to work extended hours on an occasional basis in order to fulfill job duties and responsibilities as outlined in Essential Functions & Key Areas of Responsibility.
Essential Functions & Key Areas of Responsibility
- Establish, retain and deepen relationships with existing and new customers in the community to achieve branch sales goals and provide exceptional customer service.
- Perform security and maintenance of proper cash requirements in teller drawers, adhere to authority limits, and balance teller drawer/cash.
- Respond to customer inquiries, resolve issues, and recognize cross sales opportunities. Educate customers on alternative channels to provide service.
- Perform banking services for customers including processing transactions accurately and efficiently to build rapport, customer confidence, and trust.
- Adhere to all operational and security policies and procedures, including enforcing compliance and privacy policies maintained by the bank.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.