Washington State DSHS Psychologist - Forensic Evaluator (Western State Hospital) in United States
Psychologist - Forensic Evaluator* at Western State Hospital*
*Not just a Profession... Your chance to make a positive impact in the mental health community. *
The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Behavioral Health Administration (BHA), is seeking experienced, motivated, and compassionate candidates to join our team of Forensic Evaluators at Western State Hospital, located in Lakewood, Washington.
Some variation is required with the Monday - Friday schedule, with possible evening or weekend work.
Do you have experience in a forensic setting and are you interested in conducting forensic psychological evaluations? Are you interested in being part of an interdisciplinary team? Are you interested in providing expert court testimony? If this has caught your interest, please keep reading because this position represents a great fit for your career aspirations.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Conduct forensic evaluations under RCW 10.77 for the criminal court of Washington.
- Interview pre-trial defendants in custody and in the community.
- Consult with various individuals regarding successful and competent completion of the forensic evaluations.
- Perform case specific psychological, medical, and legal research.
- Administer, score, interpret and report results of psychological testing.
- Submit forensic evaluation reports to the court.
- Prepare and provide expert witness court testimony regarding your forensic evaluations as requested by the courts. Qualifications
We are most interested in individuals who can meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- A Doctoral degree in psychology from an accredited school or department of clinical/counseling psychology
- A license to practice as a Psychologist in the State of Washington or is eligible to obtain a Washington State license before or by official start of employment.
We would like to find someone who:
- Has successfully completed a pre-doctoral internship accredited by the American Psychological Association.
- Has either forensic fellowship training or experience as a forensic evaluator and expert witness.
To be considered, you must attach a chronological resume which clearly describes your education and work history.
Who we are:
To learn more about Western State Hospital and how our staff makes a difference in transforming lives click here.
The hiring manager reserves the right to review application materials and make a hiring decision at any point during this recruitment process. Applicants will be reviewed on a daily basis. It is in the best interest of the applicant to apply as soon as possible.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
If you have questions about this exciting opportunity, please contact Lindsay Taylor at (509)-363-4971 or email@example.com and refer to 07706.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-07706 YG74
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $74,964.00 - $98,376.00 Annually
Location: Pierce County – Lakewood, WA