Lifetime Care Hospice Inpatient Unit Coord. Clerical Support - Per Diem in United States
SUMMARY: This position assists with the secretarial/support functions for the Hospice Inpatient Unit located on Ridgeway Ave.
- Assists with the clerical/secretarial support functions.
- Answering telephones - - greeting patients and families.
- Organizes and coordinates daily office operations.
- Produces documents, handles document workflow including medical records, filing, faxing/scanning etc.
- Responsible for the transcription of physicians’ orders and maintenance of patient medical records.
- Serves as a liaison between the hospice unit and patient financial services to ensure correct and timely billing.
- Daily monitoring and coordination of facility vendors including scheduled preventative maintenance of equipment and building infrastructure.
- Participates in regularly meetings such as staff meetings and unit facilities meetings. Is responsible for taking, transcribing meeting minutes.
- Orders office and medical supplies as requested.
- Responsible for reconciliation, review and reporting of requested data and/or statistics to Hospice Leadership as requested.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of all relevant legislative and regulatory mandates and ensures that all activities are in compliance with these requirements.
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
AAS in Secretarial Science with a minimum of three years administrative experience. In lieu of degree, a minimum of four years of experience working in an administrative capacity.
Knowledge of data processing procedures
Medical terminology required
Knowledge of ICD 10 coding or electronic medical records is preferred
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition Number: 16-0733
Post Date: 4/10/2017
Title: Hospice Inpatient Unit Coord. Clerical Support - Per Diem
Job Type: Per diem / Pool