Fairmont In Room Dining Manager in United States
In Room Dining Manager
**Our guests are always at home at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts – and their In Room Dining experience is no exception. Your leadership strengths as In Room Dining Manager ensure successful operations and the consistent delivery of not only memorable cuisine, but also of outstanding guest service.
Hotel Overview: * *
When you’re ready to escape to endless Pacific sunshine, world-class accommodations and impeccable service, look no further than San Diego’s premier resort: Fairmont Grand Del Mar. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or slipping away for the weekend, start planning your Grand Moment with our specials and packages.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Food and Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
Oversee entire Room Service, Cent’Anni and Private Bar operation. Responsible for ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and dining pleasure by constantly and consistently maintaining a high level of service and correct operating procedures. Coordinating with other departments for amenity packages and special guest needs.
- Present a professional manner at all times.
- Ensure proper service and atmosphere for the guest.
- Develops program for special guest functions in suites, hospitality and guest rooms
- Responsible for all administrative duties including staffing, hiring, training, discipline and development.
- Supervise, schedule and direct all Room Service, Cent’Anni and Private Bar personnel.
- Ensure compliance to all rules, regulations and procedures.
- Document all incidents in detail.
- Directly responsible for all food and beverage operations in assigned area to include suites, rooms and Cent’Anni.
- Inspect staff as to uniforms, cleanliness, identification, etc.
- Order supplies to ensure proper par levels.
- Ensure a safe working environment for employees and guest and Employees.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Supervises All Room Service, Cent’Anni and Private Bar employees
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understand and comply with all company and departmental rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and guests.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must be able to train employees to Standards of Service as specified in departmental manual.
- Must have knowledge of food and beverage cost accounting, payrolls, forecasting and budgeting.
- Must be familiar with traditional and contemporary styles of cuisine and service.
- Must have a working knowledge of food, beverage and labor costs and how they are affected by the actions of the department.
- Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
- Working knowledge of computers, to include word processing and spreadsheet applications, and point of sales programs.
- Must display an ability to be able to communicate with other departments including Sales and Catering, Housekeeping, Banquets, Culinary, Beverage and Stewards.
- High School Education, two years or college or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years Room Service Supervisory experience preferred.
- Sanitation Certificate, TIPS Training or equivalent.* *
*Visa Requirements: *Must be eligible to work in U.S.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visithttp://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United States-San Diego-Fairmont Grand Del Mar
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: GDM00634