Evans Bank IT Internal Controls Manager in United States
Have you successfully crafted and strengthened IT controls or enjoyed working as an auditor at a public accounting firm? We are expanding our team to include a professional seeking an opportunity to grow in our IT Internal Controls department. Success is measured through the continual evolution of our IT control procedures including the composition, review and adjustment of controls to assure we perform our governance responsibilities within IT. This includes testing, documenting, evaluating, remediating, and improving internal IT controls for effectiveness and operational efficiency. The IT Internal Controls Manager will fulfill these duties by collaborating with internal and external audit teams, IT management, corporate accountants, consultants, and other stakeholders to ensure compliance project deliverables are met. Future career paths for successful associates include leadership positions in IT, Internal Audit and Project Management to name a specific few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews IT controls, business processes, policies, procedures, and management reports for effectiveness and sustainability.
- Conducts IT risk assessments on business and operational processes, procedures, and policies.
- Communicates results of audit/exam projects via written reports and verbal presentations to the CIO
- Identifies, develops and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Coordinates IT staff efforts to comply with internal audit, external audit, regulator examination, management review of IT Controls and overall controls environment
- Drafts new workflows, including impact statements on how revised processes shall be incorporated into daily tasks.
- Develops and implements testing methodologies for application development, IT infrastructure, security, and availability.
- Designs and executes Sarbanes Oxley compliance tests of operating effectiveness for IT systems and internal controls; coordinate required remediation.
- Interprets audit results and make conclusions on the adequacy and reliability of controls; prepare and present reports as necessary.
- Communicates control strengths and weaknesses to IT Management and internal audit; collaborate with internal audit to develop mitigation plans.
- Conducts gap analysis via testing and recommend specific actions to fix gaps in processes and/or process management.
- Designs enhancement for internal controls such as segregation of duties, production change management, software management, security, incident handling and transmission integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or information technology
- 2+ years of internal audit experience in public accounting or working professional experience in testing, evaluating, and documenting IT controls for compliance.
- Strong familiarity and experience with governance and controls frameworks, such as COBIT, COSO, ITIL, and ISO 17799.
- Solid understanding of assessing and designing internal controls in an enterprise-level environment.
- Intermediate working knowledge with flowcharting software tools (e.g. Visio) and MS Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent verbal, interview, and diplomacy skills.
- Can adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to manage and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Job Location: Hamburg, , United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 331-018