Amtrak Lead Instructional Designer - 90206194 - in United States
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position is responsible for developing a project plan, analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating blended learning deliverables. The position requires thorough up-front needs analysis to determine size, scope, objectives, and budget of each project to determine overall goals, and appropriate instructional strategies needed to meet organizational needs.
• Conversations with end-client to determine business outcome needs
• Identify key stakeholders and SMEs to develop content
• Define expected outcomes and timeframe for completion of project
• Determine size, scope, budget and learning strategy needed to fit budget requirements
• Develop learning objectives
• Identify and list learning steps required to transfer knowledge or acquire new skills
• Identify pre-requirements (e.g. experience/capabilities) for the learning program
• Sequence and structure content, and when needed create curricula/curriculum maps
• Develop performance tests to show mastery
• Use designated tools (MS Office, Articulate, Storyline, and Captivate) to: design, develop and training programs using a variety of media tools that combine video, graphics, animation when appropriate
• Develop and facilitate access to information and improvement efforts through the use of technology including online, computer-assisted, web-based, distance learning and other advanced technology mediums as appropriate
• Develop learning support materials such as eLearning programs, facilitator/participant guides and job aids
• Develop T3 and walk–through with SMEs/client
• As appropriate design and develop Kirkpatrick’s levels 1, 2, 3 and 4 evaluation tools
• Facilitate measurement and the effectiveness of training modalities and materials
• Provide guidelines on use of measurements and learning material maintenance
Lead Instructional Designer with extensive experience in curriculum development and content development. This position is responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of blended learning training materials.
The position requires a thorough, up-front needs analysis to determine size, scope, objectives, and budget of each project in order to determine the overall goals, learning objectives, the amount of interactivity and appropriate instructional strategies needed to meet the end user need.
The successful candidate must have knowledge and experience using MS Office products, familiarity with Articulate, Storyline and/or Captivate to develop and produce rapid educational materials, storyboards, graphic, audio, video, navigational hierarchy to present information in a non-linear format. Course development must also incorporate effective instructional strategies, and assessments techniques to promote meaningful knowledge transfer to the job.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Must possess a solid background in designing learning programs, for multiple clients, while managing multiple projects. The ideal candidate(s) will be able to use their design skills equally well for Instructor Led Training and to drive significant performance improvement
Ability to develop evaluation tools to measure learning is a must
Experience successfully managing multiple projects, estimating, budgeting and planning even when those projects fall outside of core responsibilities
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with peers, senior leaders, and subject matter experts, and working with diverse teams
Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office and familiarity using Microsoft Project
Skilled in collaborating with teams, presenting ideas and learning solutions for train-the-trainer
High level client interaction and communication skills required. Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone, and virtually
Knowledge and working experience with Leaning Management Systems
This is a Work From Home/Telework Position
Master’s Degree in Training and Development or related degree preferred.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : No
Requisition ID: 23944
Posting Location(s): Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; District of Columbia; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; N/A; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Personnel Area: US01
Job Family/Function: Safety & Security
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 50%
Employment Experience Requirements: 5 - 7 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Safety & Security || Corporate