Ally Financial Loan Specialist in United States
Aug 2, 2016
We are looking for smart, committed, highly motivated people interested in a career that helps consumers better their personal financial outlook. We seek driven, energetic professionals who have a positive outlook and desire to help consumers meet their financial goals. Working within our call center, you will begin your career as an Outbound Loan Specialist (or "OLS"), which offers career advancement into a Loan Consultant and Senior Loan Consultant position at BlueHarbor a part of Ally Financial.
Outbound Loan Specialist (OLS): The OLS is responsible for making outbound calls in response to customer auto loan requests. The OLS will reach out to pre-qualified customers, explain who we are and what we do, and review program benefits. The OLS will transfer interested applicants to an available Loan Consultant to begin the loan process. This role is pre-sales and customer service driven, and requires individuals that can convey enthusiasm and process knowledge to the Company's customers. With training, an OLS may be eligible for promotion to a Loan Consulting position within 1-2 months of employment.
Loan Consultant: The Loan Consultant will guide the customer through every step of the loan process, review lender options, and ensure the customer's financial needs are met. The Loan Consultant explains the terms and benefits of the loan offers available to the customer, ensuring that customers have all the information they need to make the most informed decision. The Loan Consultant will be responsible for reviewing loan documentation, discussing timelines and offering ancillary products, such as GAP and Extended Service Contracts. This position requires individuals to build effective customer relationships over the phone. Candidates must possess strong interpersonal communication skills to be able to clearly and compellingly explain finance options to customers nationwide. Loan Consultants are expected to meet established production goals and performance efforts.
- Experience in customer service, sales or a helping profession (e.g. retail, teaching, health care).
- Heavy phone volume experience.
- Valid Property Broker-Agent license is preferred.
- Must have superior communication and customer service skills, including professional empathy, customer care, passion and enthusiasm, problem solving skills, and the ability to overcome basic objectives.
- Must be professional in communication and appearance at all times.
- Must be able to multi-task between phone and computer work within an active call center environment, and work collaboratively amongst other team members to ensure excellent customer service.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, typing, email, and be able to navigate general software applications.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish speaking) skills are a plus.
- PLUS: Prior experience in a call center and/or sales environment preferred.
- PLUS: General knowledge of consumer loan process preferred.
- PLUS: Prior work experience as a Loan Consultant, or prior experience working with loan docs and/or loan processing preferred.
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Corporate Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally Auto works directly with dealers nationwide to provide one of the most comprehensive suites of auto financing products and services in the industry. Ally offers new and used vehicle inventory financing, consumer financing, leasing, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. As a full-service provider, Ally understands dealer needs and is committed to helping them maximize sales and profitability. With nearly 100 years of industry experience, our employees' expertise allows us to provide our customers with the highest level of service, providing value that helps dealers build brands, better serve customers and stay ahead of the competition. Ally is also a full spectrum auto servicing organization that includes value streams from customer care to remarketing, and many support areas. It is a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative working environment. Our employees are focused on consistently delivering a superior customer experience.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5936
POSITION LEVEL: Entry Level
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: California - Aliso Viejo