Great Lakes Cheese Maintenance Technician IV - Nights in United States
Who is Great Lakes Cheese?
Great Lakes Cheese is celebrating over 50 years of Excellence in Cheese Making! Since 1958, Great Lakes has grown rapidly by acquisition, plant expansions, investment in the best technologies for production and distribution – and by setting high industry standards for service. Currently, Great Lakes serves the nation’s retailers and food service operations with nine strategic facilities across the U.S. We earn this proud tradition of award-winning quality and customer satisfaction every day.
To be a leading manufacturer and supplier of consistently high quality cheese products. We will achieve this through our commitment to outstanding customer service, innovation, dedicated employees, and business partnerships. Our environment of open communication, integrity, and mutual respect encourages everyone to go beyond what is expected. We believe that profitability is a success only if the customer, the suppliers, the employees, the communities, and the company benefit.
Benefits of working at GLC:
Great Lakes Cheese’s success hinges on the dedication and professionalism of our people. From our inception, we have created and maintained an environment for employees to learn, develop their careers and enjoy mutually rewarding relationships, recognition and earnings. As we have grown throughout the years, we have kept the small company, family feel, even as a billion dollar organization. Point in case, our employees participate in an ESOP Plan, where they own approximately 20% of the company. In addition, we offer competitive benefits that include Medical, Dental, Life and Long-term Disability Insurance, 401(k) Plan, an Employee Assistance Program and tuition reimbursement.
The Maintenance Technician IV ensures maximum operating efficiency, maintenance and repair of machines and equipment in production, including electrical repairs and PLC programming.
- Respond to production requests for immediate attention to production issues and problems.
- Maintain production equipment.
- Maintain records of preventative maintenance.
- Create requisitions of equipment and supplies to maintain equipment.
- Extensive knowledge to maintain and troubleshoot PLC controls, electrical/electronic systems and general production line equipment.
- Identify problem areas and address with permanent solutions.
- All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All GLC employees are expected to produce and promote our products and services in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and/or commensurate experience.
- 5 years of maintenance experience and/or training or more.
- Extensive understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to make decisions based on standard practices.
- Broad depth of experience and knowledge of production machinery and equipment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Extensive electrical knowledge/training.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to weld. (TIG, MIG and Stick)
- Read and understand schematics, pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic drawings.
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- 5 years of experience in a food manufacturing environment or more.
- Experience working with ammonia refrigeration systems / PSM.
- SAP experience.
- Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with average temperature of 65-100 degrees F.
- Hair nets, ear plugs/muffs, hardhats, and/or safety glasses may be required.
- Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist, waist-to-shoulder, shoulder-to- overhead and pushing/pulling/carrying.
- Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend neck; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
- Product weight: up to 100 lbs.
- Use of motor skills to safely drive tow motors or other motorized vehicles in tight quarters.
Great Lakes Cheese is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.