PIH Health MEDICAL PRACTICE MANAGER (FAMILY PRACTICE RESIDENCY DEPARTMENT): INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY, FULL-TIME in United States
PIH Health is a nonprofit regional healthcare delivery network founded over 50 years ago. Our two campuses including a 548-bed facility in Whittier and a 199-bed facility in Downey help to provide services to approximately 1.5 million residents in Los Angeles, Orange County and the greater San Gabriel Valley
THIS FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE FAMILY PRACTICE RESIDENCY DEPARTMENT
IS OPEN ONLY TO CURRENT PIH HEALTH EMPLOYEES
The Medical Practice Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of Medical Practice Clinic(s) ensuring efficient and effective office operations; holding all staff accountable to a patient centered culture; and ensuring that organizational goals and objectives are met at the department level. Participates in budgeting, and growth and development efforts as required.
- Knowledge of physician practice management methods and computerized systems preferred;
- Knowledge of applicable clinic specialty preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Strong management skills with experience managing/motivating teams to high performance;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate to all members within the organization; excellent customer service skills with a strong focus on the patient experience.
- Ability to work well independently as well as within teams.
- Ability to analyze problems and follow through on solutions and maintain quality control standards; ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures; knowledge of quality improvement tools and techniques.
- Understanding of ICD-9 and CPT coding preferred;
Excellent time management skills, ability to work well under pressure and ability to effectively adapt to changes within the work environment. Required Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Health care, Business Management or other related area preferred; Master’s degree in health care, business, public administration or related field preferred.
- Must have a minimum 3 years of relevant experience including 2 years progressively complex management experience overseeing operations in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Lean training or process improvement training/certification preferred.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Tracking Code: 4776-977
Job Location: Whittier, , United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Shift Hours: Exempt