Ally Financial Network Administrator/Manager in United States
Sep 13, 2016
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Technology Infrastructure (TI) provides hosting, enterprise platform, operations, communications, and IT service management technologies and services to the enterprise. Through strategic deployment of technologies and operational excellence, TI enables and supports the company's strategic priorities, information security and risk management, and technology standards.
Position involves the desktop support function as well and the network infrastructure.
- Perform server and network administration on Windows 2000-2008, Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS SQL, Back Office application servers, Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) and its components.
- Maintain Network Operating System (NOS) in all networking equipment with the latest patches, service packs, and updates as recommended by manufacturers.
- Perform production operation support including log review, backup/recovery procedures and periodic maintenance.
- Diagnose and quickly resolve any networking problems to help minimize downtime.
- Configuration management of various processes running Windows platform so as to enable controlled rollout of software versions with well-planned back-out procedures.
- Implementation and management of storage area network (SAN), Direct Attached Storage (DAS); this includes disk array configuration and volume management.
- Provide 2nd level network hardware/software support to Customer Support and Call Center users.
- Document and maintain accuracy of standard operational procedures and best practices in areas of responsibility.
- Oversee all network-related projects - office and hosting environments. This will include installation, maintenance, and trouble-shooting of routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN appliances and local/remote data center environments.
- Conduct periodic network system audits to determine the efficiency of hardware and communication components and make recommendations to upgrade them as required to meet business needs.
- Ensure stability, availability and performance of the entire IT infrastructure.
- Participate in the development, implementation and testing of disaster recovery procedures.
- Design network infrastructure & system requirements and make appropriate adjustments to insure business objectives are met.
- Work rotating off-hour schedule with weekend support to maintain consistent system availability.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5-7+ years of hands-on network administration and support experience in a Windows Server and Desktop Operating System
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Windows Active Directory & LDAP. This includes proven experience configuring and maintaining site & domain level GPO's.
- Solid understanding of Infrastructure services such as Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, IIS and SMTP.
- Proficiency in the following networking infrastructure: TCP/IP, OSI, SSL, VPN routing and switching protocols.
- Excellent technical skills in installation, setup, configuration, maintenance, support/monitor of servers, BackOffice applications and networking equipment.
- A strong desire to continually improve self and demonstrate ability to easily understand new ideas and concepts.
- Team player with high level of dedication and commitment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Results oriented and self-motivated with the ability to take ownership of IT projects and deliver them on time and within budget.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while dealing with frequent interruptions and working in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to perform routine server maintenance or network emergencies during non-business hours, evenings and on the weekend.
- Bachelors of Science in a computer related field or equivalent.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer or similar certifications a plus.
- Networking related CCNA and/or CCNP certification is a plus.
- Security certification is a plus
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6068
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: California - Aliso Viejo