Jeff Anderson Regional Medical RN Staff Nurse in United States
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the assigned setting. Communicates with physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties utilizing the nursing process.
- Professional Requirements:
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Ability to initiate and/or revise an individualized nursing care plan that is based on assessment of identified needs/problems involving the patient and/or family.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Always provides patient safety by keeping call light within reach, maintaining bed in a low position with side rails in place and locked at all times, and seeing that patients are secured appropriately when transporting by wheelchair or stretcher.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills.
- Completes documentation as specified by organizational policy and procedures.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills, recognizes and reacts appropriately in the delivery of patient care.
Understands and assumes responsibility for charge position when assigned, to include patient assignment according to patient acuity and staff mix.
- Current Mississippi Registered Nurse Licensure.
- Must have one year of Critical Care or Med Surge experience OR 1,000 hours worked as a student nurse in critical care.
- ACLS certification within 6 months of hire or RN Licensure.
- Moderate to advanced computer and data entry skills.