Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Senior Applications Software Engineer
Posted Date 5/7/2013
Cost Center 264
Apply for this job:
Your application choices are:
* Apply for this jobonlineIf you would like to include a cover letter, please be sure combine your cover letter and resume into one document.
More information about this job:
About the Job
Join the world’s leader in connecting the increasingly mobile world. Akamai is coupling it’s core technological strengths with recent strategic acquisitions to dominate the developing mobile landscape. The person in this role will be primarily developing mobile initiatives on our customer portal, Luna. Luna Control is the vehicle that customers use to manage and view services within the Akamai global network. Engineers who work in our portal utilize the core technologies of Akamai to present services, products, and solutions to customers. Luna is a fully built multi-tier web application environment, primarily developed using the Java Enterprise Edition.
About the Team
Our team is part of the Web Experience Business Unit, which has responsibility for the technologies that power our Content Delivery and Acceleration Products. These include Dynamic Site Accelerator, Mobile Accelerator, and Enterprise Acceleration. These systems improve the speed, security, and reliability of web sites and applications running over various networking environments. By leveraging Akamai's global Internet deployment, we can uniquely solve technology problems and delivery unprecedented functionality beyond the limitations of base networking.
This senior software engineer will create new features from conception through release and enhance existing applications to ensure that Akamai customers have an exceptional experience using the Luna Portal. In this role, you will participate in the design, development, testing and deployment of management, reporting and alerting functions for mobile and other Web Experience products. You will work in a highly cross-functional capacity, partnering with product management, QA, technical writers, and service delivery professionals.
* Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
* 5+ years of Web Application and Services Development experience using Java Enterprise Edition.
* 5+ years of experience Deploying and Supporting Applications on the Linux or UNIX operating system.
* 5+ years of experience working with Internet protocols and concepts (IP, TCP, SSL / TLS, HTTP, DNS).
* 4+ years of experience developing database-backed applications using Oracle or equivalent Enterprise class database.
* 3+ years of experience using the Model View Controller Architecture.
* Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, small-team environment.
* Passion to understand, learn, and evaluate new technologies.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python or Unix Shell Scripts.
* Experience with Mobile technologies and challenges.
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
No one carries more of the world's Web traffic than Akamai, so working with Akamai means you’re helping some of the world’s best known brands succeed in bringing any experience to any device, anywhere. Cloud computing, SaaS, eCommerce, online entertainment and dynamic personalized experiences are all fueled by Akamai technology. Join Akamai and you join a culture that’s extremely intelligent, strongly supportive and passionately committed to delivering world-class solutions. Some of the best minds in business, mathematics, and engineering work at Akamai – leading, learning and shaping the future of the Internet.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply?Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.