Ally Financial Technical Program Manager in United States
Aug 5, 2016
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will be an integral part of our software engineering team leading the build & rollout our next generation internet products and services to the market. You have a technical background and are comfortable working closely with software engineers, architects, analysts and QA engineers on a daily basis. You will lead planning, requirements, tracking and execution of deliverables across the Agile product development life-cycle. You are an influencer and a problem solver with proven track record of successfully navigating parallel deadlines and competing priorities through effective communication, processes and creativity.
- Execute software development projects across the software development lifecycle.
- Ensure successful delivery of projects and initiatives through effective collaboration and creativity
- Schedules and facilitates meetings/workshops with all levels of staff for purposes of discovery, discussions, presentations, reviews, approvals, problem resolution.
- Develop executive-level presentations, status reports, assist in creating roadmaps, artifacts and test plans for technology projects and initiatives
- Work directly with clients and business partners for requirements gathering and execution
- Serve as a primary point of communication for business and technical stakeholders on assigned project
- Work with a small off-shore team for tracking and reporting progress
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- 7+ years' experience managing software product development and delivery across full life-cycle for large scale customer facing product or SaaS based web or mobile applications.
- 2+ years of experience leading software engineering teams
- 2+ years working within Agile/Scrum environments and comfortable as an Agile coach.
- 2+ years leading product requirements gathering, defining test cases and translation of functional requirements to high-level technical specifications for the engineering team
- Expert in project management processes & tools.
- Experience on Java based open source systems and Amazon Web Services is a plus.
- Experience writing SQL queries to perform functional/data analysis for reporting or triaging issues
- Experience driving collaboration across geographically distributed teams
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field preferred (MBA is a plus)
- Plus: Systems integration experience in a Big 4 consulting companyPlus: Startup experience
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Corporate Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally Auto works directly with dealers nationwide to provide one of the most comprehensive suites of auto financing products and services in the industry. Ally offers new and used vehicle inventory financing, consumer financing, leasing, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. As a full-service provider, Ally understands dealer needs and is committed to helping them maximize sales and profitability. With nearly 100 years of industry experience, our employees' expertise allows us to provide our customers with the highest level of service, providing value that helps dealers build brands, better serve customers and stay ahead of the competition. Ally is also a full spectrum auto servicing organization that includes value streams from customer care to remarketing, and many support areas. It is a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative working environment. Our employees are focused on consistently delivering a superior customer experience.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5943
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: California - Aliso Viejo