Washington State Trade Act Counselor (WSS4 N0898) Colville in United States
This recruitment is open until filled. Applicant review begins on January 24, 2017. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
This is a non-permanent position that is expected to last up to, but will not exceed, one year.**
Employment Security Department (ESD) is recruiting for a Trade Act Counselor - WorkSource Specialist 4 (WSS4) position. This position provides an entire range of employment and job training services with authority to approve training funds and authorize supportive services. This range of services includes motivating clients to achieve educational and/or employment goals; updating and adjusting employability plans and negotiating and writing training contracts; spending time providing intensive services, determining eligibility for programs; identifying and analyzing employment barriers; developing individual written employment plans designated to resolve barriers to employment; guiding, and monitoring and motivating clients to follow through with approved plans which could include any one of the following components: On The Job Training, Relocation, Job Search Financial Support for out of the area job search, Classroom Training, Older Worker Wage Supplemental opportunities and all include Job Search and Placement assistance.
- Manage caseload; provide case management; facilitate appropriate support services and/or make referrals; identify and evaluate barriers and explore solutions to assist in removing barriers; assist in obtaining needed documentation.
- Determine eligibility and/or appropriateness for program; enroll and explain program participation requirements; develop employment and training contracts and agreements based on applicable regulations, customer eligibility and assessment.
- Obligate and manage training program monies; track program resources available to customers; authorize or deny requests; prepare vouchers for payment; authorize required employment and training purchases.
- Develop individual employment service plans; guide customers to effectively use in employment and training programs and services.
- Ensure the customer understands and follows all employment and training directives, expectations, and performance standards.
- Administer a variety of assessments and informal and formal career tools; review and explain results; incorporate assessment results into employment plans in conjunction with relevant labor market information; prepare and present information to customer.
- Monitor WorkSource program performance management activity using agency reporting systems; create and disseminate program reports as required by supervisors and managers; comply with state and federal case management protocols and data entry procedures.
- Record and maintain case notes, service plans, program-related expenditures, and exit outcomes; coordinate with other employment and training programs as necessary; enter new and/or updated data in multiple data management systems.
- Conduct group and individual orientations, and workshops; supply program specific information about services, benefits, and eligibility.
- Collaborate with WorkSource partners regarding enrollments, program guidelines, and training recommendations; negotiate and confirm customer eligibility.
- Coordinate resources with partners; communicate and promote agency and partner programs and services to encourage maximum utilization of available incentives. Qualifications
- Working-level knowledge of characteristics associated with unemployed, dislocated, and disadvantaged populations.
- Working-level oral communication skills - convey information orally according to the needs of the audience, and receive and understand spoken information.
- Working-level writing skills - convey information in writing according to the needs of the audience.
- Working-level knowledge of coaching techniques.
- Working-level workload management skills - plan and organize assignments to create timely, accurate work products. Work efficiently, remain focused, and handle interruptions effectively. Supplemental Information
Attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing.
Other Information As a condition of employment, the successful candidate accepting this position must comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees.
For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Job Number: 2016-08095
Department: Employment Security Department
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $40,428.00 - $53,016.00 Annually
Location: Stevens County – Colville, WA