Allergan Project Manager III in Waco, Texas
Project Manager III
Waco, Texas, United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/649/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Sep 19, 2016Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world. Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives. Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
Under general direction, plans, directs, and oversees the schedule and work activities for large capital design and construction projects for the US facilities. Ensures adherence to Company and government compliance standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers/supervisors.
Main Areas of Responsibility
· Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws. Manage local staff and remote staff at the sites
· Manage capital project execution throughout the Company’s US sites. - Develop project plans, estimates and schedule;
· Prepare capital expense requests; Develop basis of design with project sponsors
· Lead the project-detailed design and construction to assure compliance with Company’s engineering guidelines.
· Develop feasibility studies, conceptual plans and master plans for the Company’s sites; develop space requirements for proposed manufacturing expansions; lab space; office expansions; warehouse needs etc.
· Review facility related Capital Expense Requests from US sites; Evaluate proposals, ensure alignment with company objectives, consider alternatives and perform value engineering.
· Work with procurement in the selection of Architectural/Engineering (A/E) firms and Construction managers (CM) or General Contractors (GC) to complete design, city permitting processes and construction and qualification activities.
o Development of RFPs
o Proposal analysis
o Detailed Contract review
· Manage design firms as they develop detailed project drawings and specifications; conducts routine design reviews and provides input on value engineering
· Manage construction contractors; ensure adherence to project schedule, specifications, and budget. Coordinate activities to minimize impact to existing site operations.
· Manage project budgets; perform detailed review of all invoices.
· Serve as the Engineering interface among the project team members and works with internal and external customers to establish scope and time line for projects.
· Development and management of department budget.
· Ensure centralized documentation and control of as builts, and projects in process are consistent with Engineering Guidelines.
· Effectively provide direction to the activities and functions for multiple engineering capital projects.
· In conjunction with department managers, supervisors and engineers, provides timely and efficient completion of capital projects to meet company objectives.
· Provide project status reports as required for upper management
· Provide timely engineering support to trouble shoot various issues that come up in departments including Manufacturing, Packaging, Laboratories Administration, Research & Development and general administrative departments for all Company sites, as necessary.
· Provide support, direction and coaching to subordinate employees in the areas of hiring, training, disciplinary action, problem resolution and work assignment delegation.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
The following listed requirements need to be met at a minimum level to be considered for the job:
• Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements.
• Principles of engineering design and construction.
• Project management practices and techniques.
• Pharmaceutical manufacturing.
• Design, operation and maintenance of pharmaceutical plant equipment.
• Principles and practices of budget preparation and administration.
• Pharmaceutical principles, practices and their application.
• Facility utility support such as MEP and Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems.
• English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Computer systems and software applications.
• Current Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
The below skills are attributes that may not be mandatory, but are definitely desired in the ideal candidate.
• Implementing goals, objectives and practices for effective, efficient and cost effective management of allocated resources.
• Analyzing and troubleshooting problems, identifying solutions, and recommending and implementing methods, procedures and/or techniques for resolution.
• Managing multiple projects, duties and tasks.
• Functioning as a team leader
• Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with individuals contacted in the course of work.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university, and ten (10) – fifteen (15) years of engineering experience, preferably in pharmaceutical, food or cosmetic industry.