Ascension Health ER Technician / St John Macomb Hospital / FT Nights in Warren, Michigan
Additional Job Information
*Title: *ER Technician
*City, State: *Warren, MI
*Location: *St John Macomb Hospital
*Department: *Emergency Department
*Additional Job Details: *FT Nights
St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
The ER Technician under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Physician provides direct care to patients in the Emergency Department.
- Performs urgent and emergent care procedures including EKGs, wound care, vital sign monitoring, IV initiation and codes.
- Monitors patient condition and performs data collection. Communicates findings and patient condition to primary Registered Nurse (RN).
- Maintains accurate documentation in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Assists with the mobilization, ambulation and transport of patients.
- Responsibilities and/or job duties may be included, excluded, or modified as appropriate for individual sites.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization’s core values through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
- Performs duties based on unit specialty: Point of Care Testing (POCT), splinting and application of orthopedic soft goods, assists in Triage as directed by RN, stocks supplies, phlebotomy procedures, completion of clothing list, and assists with monitoring and removal of foley catheters and NG tubes.
- Performs other responsibilities when necessary including but not limited to: answering telephones and patient call lights, performing CPR, interaction with patients and families, faxing patient information, responsible for primary post mortem care, and orienting patients to the room / environment.
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Completion of EMT program with certification preferred.
- HS or Equivalent
- Completion of certified nursing assistant course and 6-12 months hospital experience preferred
- Candidates must have previous experience in direct patient care including, but not limited to one or more of the following areas: Completion of School of Practical Nursing; Nursing Student with completion of one semester of Med/Surg; Completion of Certified Nurse Assistant Program and 6 - 12 months of hospital experience preferred; Completion of EMT Program with Certification.
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining the St. John Providence Health System team, please apply by completing an online application at stjohnprovidence.org.
If you have questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-562-2824 between the hours of 7:30 am and 8:00 pm EST Monday-Friday.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Reasonable Accommodation St. John Providence Health System provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within St. John Providence Health System will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied. Thank you for considering a career with St. John Providence Health System.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Job Title: ER Technician / St John Macomb Hospital / FT Nights
Job ID: 160374
Location: MI - Warren
Full/Part Time: Full-Time