Ascension Health Patient Care Technician / St John Macomb Hospital - 5 West (Ortho/Surgical) / PRN Rotating in Warren, Michigan
Additional Job Information
*Title: *Patient Care Technician
*City, State: *Warren, MI
*Location: *St John Macomb Hospital
*Department: *5 West (Ortho/Surgical)
*Additional Job Details: *PRN Rotating
St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
The Patient Care Technician 1 performs basic patient care activities to patients in assigned area.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's core values.
- Displays ability to perform unit-specific skills based on unit competency validation process and department-required certifications to be required within department scope.
- Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary team. Provides clear and accurate information during hand off and rounds. Recognizes patient changes and irregularities and notifies nursing accordingly.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One of the following is required: Currently enrolled in nursing school or Clinical PCT/NA experience in acute care or nursing home setting for a minimum of 1 year or Completion of CNA or PCT program by start date or intent of graduation within 8 weeks of applying
- 6 months of related patient care experience in a hospital, skilled nursing facility, nursing home, or extended care facility preferred.
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining the St. John Providence Health System team, please apply by completing an online application at stjohnprovidence.org.
If you have questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-562-2824 between the hours of 7:30 am and 8:00 pm EST Monday-Friday.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Reasonable Accommodation St. John Providence Health System provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within St. John Providence Health System will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied. Thank you for considering a career with St. John Providence Health System.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Job Title: Patient Care Technician / St John Macomb Hospital - 5 West (Ortho/Surgical) / PRN Rotating
Job ID: 160137
Location: MI - Warren
Full/Part Time: PRN