Ascension Health Patient Safety Attendant / St John Macomb Hospital / PRN Nights in Warren, Michigan
Additional Job Information
*Title: *Patient Safety Attendant
*City, State: *Warren,MI
*Location: *St John Macomb Hospital
*Department: *Nursing Administration 002
*Additional Job Details: *PRN Nights
St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
The Patient Safety Attendant performs basic patient monitoring activities under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Remains at bedside of assigned patient at all times unless relieved by an appropriate staff member.
- Assists in calming and/or reorienting patient in cases of agitation or confusion.
- Removes visible hazards and/or broken equipment from immediate environment and reports as appropriate.
- Assists with keeping patient's room clean, safe and orderly.
- Maintains visual observations at all times. Accompanies patient when diagnostic testing is required. Immediately summons the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance, control, or other nursing interventions or exhibits unusual behavior or verbalizations. Immediately reports any potentially dangerous behavior or concerning conversations to the nurse.
- Participates in hand-off of pertinent information/behavior about assigned patient when arriving on unit and upon completion of shift assignment. Arranges meal break times with nurse and informs nurse prior to leaving patient for any reason in order that relief is provided to ensure constant patient observation. Never leaves patient alone.
- Assists patient with ordering dietary tray, setting up of patient's meal trays, feeding patient, basic positioning of patient, taking a ride in wheelchair and/or ambulation if patient is stable and gait has been previously determined safe by assigned staff nurse. May assist the PCT or RN with ambulation if directed to by the RN.
- Seeks help or advice as soon as possible when patient appears to pose a threat to themselves or others. Participates in a collaborative identification and reporting of patient safety issues. Assures patient environment safe. Seeks assistance with removal of any potential safety hazard from room and reports findings to Charge Nurse
- Required Credential(s):
- Current Heartsaver CPR AED or Basic Life Support Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP) certification required. The equivalent American Red Cross (ARC) card-validated training will be accepted upon hire but renewals must be through the American Heart Association.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 6 months of experience as a Patient Safety Attendant preferred.
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining the St. John Providence Health System team, please apply by completing an online application at stjohnprovidence.org.
If you have questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-562-2824 between the hours of 7:30 am and 8:00 pm EST Monday-Friday.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Reasonable Accommodation St. John Providence Health System provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within St. John Providence Health System will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied. Thank you for considering a career with St. John Providence Health System.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Job Title: Patient Safety Attendant / St John Macomb Hospital / PRN Nights
Job ID: 160755
Location: MI - Warren
Full/Part Time: PRN