Citi Lead Senior Java Developer in Warsaw, Poland
Primary Location: Poland,Mazowieckie,Warsaw
Other Location: Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, and Africa, Latin America; Canada
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16035986
The candidate will join Margin Technology group as a Lead Senior Java Developer with responsibilities for core components of the system, including data distribution and distributed processing. The candidate will assist the team to meet our targets for linear scalability and latency, and develop capabilities needed for real-time processing.
The candidate will join a highly technical team which takes pride in technological innovation, constantly seeking ways to improve its solutions.
The system was built using the latest available technology to allow parallel processing, leveraging distributed data and processing. Internally we are constantly doing R&D on new ways to improve the platform, be it by changing technologies, products, or implement new algorithms to allow for better use of resources; e.g., map-reduce, data & job affinity, bitemporal data storage, etc.
The objective of our group is to implement a single integrated margin platform (CitiMargin) for Capital Markets, supporting the requirements of Front Office, Research, Operations and Risk across multiple asset classes (Equity, Fixed Income, Rates, Credit, FX, Commodities, Futures, and Prime). This new platform is being built from the ground-up, using latest technology stack to provide highly-scalable architecture to meet the demands of computationally intensive risk&margin methodologies.
The candidate should have a working knowledge in the following areas:
• Very Strong Core Java and JAVA EE
o Threads, Synchronization
o Distributed Systems
o Data Structures
• Working experience with databases (Oracle) is a plus
• Working experience with Spring Framework (core, jdbc, hibernate, batch, etc.)
• Working experience with Hibernate
• Knowledge of caching strategies (local and distributed). Experience with Gemfire, Coherence, Cassandra or any caching and/or nosql solution is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, concurrency control, objected oriented design, distributed systems principles
• Knowledge of distributed services (REST, SOAP, Hessian, etc)
• Knowledge of different serializers (protobuf, hessian, thrift, avro, etc) is a plus.
• Working experience with Linux
• Ability to deliver easily maintainable code.
• Strong experience with Software Configuration Management practices
o use of source control – SVN is a plus
o branching strategies
• Experience with Maven is a plus
• Driven and eager to learn the technology & business
• Strong work ethic with focus on adding value to the team
• Team player
• Strong production mentality (software is built to handle failures)
• Strong track record of delivering tasks on time and with high quality
• Ability to focus on solving problems
• Ability to prioritize work
The candidate should have a reasonable understanding of Fixed Income, Commodities and Currencies financial products. Familiarity with Risk and Margin concepts is a plus.
Good communication skills are required as the project involves interaction and collaboration with multiple Front, Middle, and Back Office business/technology groups
Strong analytical skills are required as this group supports risk management and margining functions
Ability to learn fast is a must
The candidate should have 8+ years of work experience. However, candidates with lesser experience will also be considered given they fulfill the technical requirements. Competencies:
• Organizes and maintains work environment to allow for productivity
• Collaborates with others to improve quality and address needs
• Builds and sustains cooperative working relationships
• Demonstrates ability to motivate others to meet a common goal