Huntington Ingalls Industries AMSEC Training Rep 4 (Lead Instructional Systems Specialist) in Washington, District Of Columbia
Marketing Title AMSEC Training Rep 4 (Lead Instructional Systems Specialist)
Auto req ID 14831BR
Department/Cost Center 134 - AMSEC LETTS - 13409 - FLEET READINESS
Location Washington-District of Columbia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position Yes
Relocation Assistance No relocation assistance available
Clearance Type Secret
Travel Yes, 25% of the time
External Job Description Position Specifics: Must have an interim security clearance to start. Must have experience with Navy training standards and procedures. Must have experience with full life cycle training development, including informal/semiformal initial training. Experience with developing training for large/complex IT systems is required. Must have experience as a user or support role for:
• CIMS-Congressional tasking system
• TV5-Navy task system v.5
• MCATS-USMC action tracker system
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
• Serves as Lead Instructional Systems Specialist developing programs of instruction in occupational specialties or fields.
• Designs and develops effective instructional programs, training literature and measurement instruments for military and civilian students.
• Develops and implements projects designed to establish improved procedures and baselines for the technical training process with minimal guidance.
• Creates new master instructional plans and modifies existing plans and conducts task analyses for the training programs.
• Works with subject matter experts and existing course materials, designing and developing the instructional analysis, paper-based instructional materials, accompanying support materials such as workbooks, and instructor guides.
• Performs instructional analysis to identify training performance objectives; being involved in each phase of the analysis as a quality assurance subject matter expert.
• Generates or modifies multi-media and computer-based training plans with assistance from other team subject matter experts while developing the accompanying lessons that use the media.
Designs and delivers programs to train all levels of personnel. Develops tests and visual aids, conducts training classes, and develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities. Keeps abreast of training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods, and techniques. Develops in-house programs and practices to identify developmental needs, including preparing personnel for more responsible positions and increasing effectiveness in present assignments. May evaluate and/or oversee contractors or vendors to develop and/or administer training programs. May be responsible for development of e-learning programs.
Basic Qualifications 10 Years relevant experience with Bachelors; 8 Years relevant experience with Masters; An additional 4 years of specific job experience with a HS diploma may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree requirement for this job. This experience is additional to subsequent relevant years of experience listed with the job's education requirements. Example: If this job required a Bachelor's degree + 5 years relevant experience the equivalency would equal HS diploma + 9 years job related experience.
Preferred Qualifications May require working in an industrial or shipboard environment. Capable of climbing ladders, standing for extended periods and tolerating confined spaces and extreme temperature variances.
Providing tier 2 help desk support, training metrics, instruction, materials updates, training analysis is preferred.
May require working in an industrial or shipboard environment. Capable of climbing ladders, standing for extended periods and tolerating confined spaces and extreme temperature variances.
Company Statement AMSEC is a subsidiary of Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII). Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII) designs, builds and maintains nuclear and non-nuclear ships for the U.S. Navy and Coast Guard and provides after-market services for military ships around the globe. For more than a century, HII has built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder at its Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions. Employing more than 38,000 in Virginia, Mississippi, Louisiana and California, HII also provides a wide variety of products and services to the commercial energy industry and other government customers, including the Department of Energy.
EEO Statement Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
Removal Date 18-Oct-2017