The JBG Companies Corporate Office Assistant Property Manager at Fort Totten Square in Washington, District Of Columbia
Responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the property under the direction of the Property Manager. Able to assume responsibility for the property in the Property Manager’s absence.
Include the following, but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions may be required as deemed necessary by the Property Manager.
• Ensure that all rents are collected when due and posted in a timely manner.
• Make sure that all bank deposits are made and reported on a daily basis.
• Implement a consistent collection strategy and call delinquent residents.
• Responsible for filing on delinquencies and utility cut-offs, schedule eviction and collection follow up.
• Track in-house collection payments and turn over accounts to collection agency after 30 days.
• Process all invoices for payment and forward to Accounting on a weekly basis.
• Look for creative ways to reduce spending (i.e. in-house vs. contracting).
• Ensure that end-of-month close is completed on time and with accuracy.
• Assist Property Manager in analyzing rents and fees for potential increase.
• Assist in reviewing utility consumption and monitor potential for waste.
• Maintain an inventory/order all necessary administrative supplies.
• Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends.
• Implement ideas for marketing community. Ensure team consistently markets property/resident portal.
• Initiate and participate in outreach activities.
• Ensure computer data and activity is current and accurate (i.e. updates w/price changes, vacants made ready, move-ins, move-outs, deposits, etc.)
• Coordinate with maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure timely recondition of apartments after move-out and renovation.
• Lease and ensure leasing team leases in accordance with JBG’s sales philosophy and shopping report (to include asking for the deposit and follow up within 48 hours).
• Consistently respond to Internet leads within 1-2 hours of contact.
• Assist Property Manager in managing leases/inventory to the Lease Expiration Matrix.
• Implement and ensure compliance with the photo ID policy.
• Ensure lease files are complete and executed properly.
• Ensure staff uses a consistent and positive customer service approach (e.g. courteous, responsive).
• Maintain a positive customer service attitude and lead by example.
• Contact all residents who submit Notices to Vacate to determine motivation for move and attempt to renew.
• Adhere to the JBG Warm Call Program.
• Initiate and implement policies and procedures to maintain resident communications.
• Promote resident retention through newsletter publication, social activities, move-in packages, warm calls, etc.
• Retain residents through a proactive renewal program.
• Physically walk and inspect property (i.e. grounds, amenities, vacants) on a regular basis.
• Monitor and schedule all maintenance activities in conjunction with Maintenance Manager/Supervisor.
• Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests, work in progress, etc.
• Adhere to and monitor keys/locks in accordance with key control policies.
• Complete incident reports and forward to the insurance coordinator within 24 hours of event.
• Assist Property Manager with personnel responsibilities to include, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems and issues.
• Assist in developing the site team through on-the-job activities and one-on-one coaching.
• Assist the Property Manager in day-to-day operations of the property and supervise the staff as needed. In the absence of the Property Manager, take all responsibilities for the supervision of the staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• At least 2 years of experience working in residential property management is required.
• Previous management experience within multifamily housing is strongly preferred.
• At least 6 months of supervisory experience is a required (indirect supervisory may be considered).
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency with bookkeeping and administrative duties demonstrated through successful work history.
• Advanced competency with Excel, Word and Power Point.
• Working knowledge of Yardi is preferred.
· Respect, honesty, and integrity
· Professional presentation
· Calm under pressure
· Passion for service
· Strong work ethic
· Commitment to teamwork
· Adept at listening to others
· Dependability and adaptability
JBG is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
External Company Name: JBG Properties, Inc.
External Company URL: http://www.jbg.com/#home